This title is only available as a loose-leaf version with Pearson eText.
In 50 Social Studies Strategies for K-8 Classroom, pre-service and practicing teachers get well-explained, useful, meaningful ideas—including 50 ready-to-use strategies—for engaging elementary and middle school students in learning social studies. The strategies are easily adaptable to individual teachers’ classroom configurations and needs, and include multiple types of assessment tools that give teachers options in assessing their students. Each strategy is organized for flexibility and ease of use and includes links to the National Council for the Social Studies national curriculum standards, links to the Common Core Strategies, procedural recommendations, application ideas, differentiation sections, assessment sections, references and resources, and more. The strategies are designed to help teachers plan effective social studies lessons using multiple types of student groups, while also accounting for the diversity of learners in today’s classrooms. The new Fourth Edition includes updating, revisions, and additions to the strategies throughout.
0133783685 / 9780133783681 50 Social Studies Strategies for K-8 Classrooms, Loose-Leaf Version with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
013374096X / 9780133740967 50 Social Studies Strategies for K-8 Classrooms, Loose-Leaf Version
0133823172 / 9780133823172 50 Social Studies Strategies for K-8 Classrooms, Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of Contents
Part I: Overarching Social Studies Instructional Strategies
1. Community Building
2. Creating Classroom Rules
3. Developing Multiple Perspectives
4. Concepts: Development and Attainment
6. Media Literacy
7. Discovery Learning
8. Inquiry Learning
9. Graphic Organizers
10. Historical Source Work
Part II: Specific Social Studies Instructional Strategies to Advance Content Knowledge and Skills Development
11. Archaeological Digs
12. Architecture and Landscape Design Significance
13. Case Studies
14. Cemetery Studies
15. Community Maps
16. Custom Boxes
17. Decision Trees and Decision Grids
18. Discerning Qualifications
19. Field Trips of Distinction
20. Folk Culture
23. Graphic Novels
24. Guest Speakers
25. Historical Characters
26. Historical Reenactments
27. Home Living Centers
28. Informal Learning
29. Learning Centers
30. Literature Book Clubs
31. Maps and Globes using GoogleEarth
33. Mock Trials
34. Model Factory
35. Museum Exhibits
36. Music History
37. Newspaper Making
38. Oral Histories
39. Pen Pals
40. Readers’ Theater
42. Sand Table maps
45. Trash Trail
46. Traveling Ambassador
47. Video Production
48. Virtual Field Trips
We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.Back Order
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$16.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-374153-7