The most authoritative and comprehensive text in Abnormal Psychology, now with DSM-5 coverage throughout.
The esteemed author team of Jim Butcher, Jill Hooley, an Sue Mineka offers students the most thoroughly researched, engaging, and up-to-date explanation of psychopathology, creating a learning experience that provokes thought and increases awareness. By adopting a comprehensive bio-psycho-social perspective, this text takes students to levels of understanding that other books do not offer.
The 16th edition of Abnormal Psychology reflects the revision of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM-5). Hundreds of new references have been added to reflect the ever-changing field of abnormal psychology.
MyPsychLab is an integral part of the Butcher / Mineka / Hooley program. Key learning applications include MyPsychLab video series with new virtual case studies.
This text is available in a variety of formats – digital and print. Pearson offers its titles on the devices students love through Pearson’s MyLab products, CourseSmart, Amazon, and more. To learn more about our programs, pricing options and customization, click the Choices tab.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning - MyPsychLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- Explore Research – The authors present their diverse research interests in an exciting way that provokes thought and increase awareness.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Review questions at the end of major sections within the chapters provide opportunities for self-assessment and reinforce learning.
- Engage Students – Most chapters begin with a Case Study to engage students' attention right from the outset.
- Support Instructors – A full set of supplements, including MyPsychLab, provides instructors with all the resources and support they need.
Table of Contents
Brief Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Abnormal Psychology: An Overview
Chapter 2 Historical and Contemporary Views of Abnormal Behavior
Chapter 3 Causal Factors and Viewpoints
Chapter 4 Clinical Assessment and Diagnosis
Chapter 5 Stress and Physical and Mental Health
Chapter 6 Panic, Anxiety, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Chapter 7 Mood Disorders and Suicide
Chapter 8 Somatoform and Dissociative Disorders
Chapter 9 Eating Disorders and Obesity
Chapter 10 Personality Disorders
Chapter 11 Substance-Related Disorders
Chapter 12 Sexual Variants, Abuse, and Dysfunctions
Chapter 13 Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders
Chapter 14 Neurocognitive Disorders
Chapter 15 Disorders of Childhood and Adolescence
Chapter 16 Therapy
Chapter 17 Contemporary and Legal Issues in Abnormal Psychology
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Abnormal Psychology, CourseSmart etextbook, 16th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$90.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-97176-3