Four Decades of Student-Friendly Philosophy
About Philosophy is an introductory text that covers all the major fields of philosophy in an easy-to-read language, interspersed with short selections from the major philosophers. It has been a best-selling leader in the field for more than forty years and it is written by an internationally recognized author of more than twenty books.
Table of Contents
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Chapter 1: What is Philosophy
Chapter 2: Theory of Knowledge
Chapter 3: Metaphysics and Philosophy of Mind
Chapter 4: Philosophy of Science
Chapter 5: Ethical Theory (Pt. I) - The Varieties of Ethical Theory
Ethical Theory (Pt. II) - The Ethical Dimensions of Medicine
Chapter 6: Social and Political Philosophy
Chapter 7: Philosophy of Art
Chapter 8: Philosophy of Religion
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$116.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-20620-9