NOTE: This edition features the same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Books a la Carte also offer a great value; this format costs significantly less than a new textbook. Before purchasing, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This book uses the latest neurobiological research to help students master both cognitive and self-regulation skills for college success.
Academic Transformation uses an academically rigorous yet engaging and practical approach to successfully balance cognitive and self-regulation theory and research with realistic and proven skills that students can apply to their college careers. MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) helps students to 'Start strong, Finish stronger' by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
Teaching & Learning Experience: Connects Theory to Practice (“Learning Frameworks”)
Academic Transformation utilizes a narrative tone and eye-catching design to provide powerful lessons on the subjects of learning, academic performance, willpower, motivation, procrastination, time management, stress management, and behavior redirection all while giving readers a solid understanding of why certain strategies lead to goal achievement. This program provides:
· Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
· Autonomous Learning: The current college population, often called the iGeneration, needs this proven path to become autonomous learners and to successfully navigate the academic and work world.
· Research-Based: Incorporates the latest research from neurobiology related to cognition and self-regulation, thus deepening student knowledge of how to become an autonomous learner.
· Study Aids: Various enhancements offer students a better learning experience.
· Application to Other Academic Courses: From learning objectives and self-assessments to summaries, key terms, and critical thinking exercises utilizing journal questions, students have the opportunity to apply what they are learning so that each knowledge/skill set will generalize to their other academic courses.
Also Available with MyStudentSuccessLab™
This title is also available with MyStudentSuccessLab—an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
NOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyStudentSuccessLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyStudentSuccessLab, search for:
0133886808 / 9780133886801 Academic Transformation: The Road to College Success, Books a la Carte Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab - Access Card Package 3/e
Package consists of:
• 0133868346 / 9780133868340 Academic Transformation: The Road to College Success, Books a la Carte Edition 3/e
• 0321943252 / 9780321943255 NEW MyStudentSuccessLab without Pearson eText - Valuepack Access Card 1/e
MyStudentSuccessLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor.