For courses in Learning Frameworks (such as Applied Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology), Effective Learning, Learning to Learn, and Student Success.
Academic Transformation uses the latest neurobiological research to help students master both cognitive and self-regulation skills for college success. Its narrative tone and eye-catching design provide powerful lessons on learning, academic performance, willpower, motivation, procrastination, time management, stress management, and behavior redirection — all while giving readers a solid understanding of why certain strategies lead to goal achievement. MyStudentSuccessLab™ helps students to "start strong, finish stronger" by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
This program provides:
- Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab
helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
- Autonomous Learning: The current college population, often called the iGeneration, needs this proven path to become autonomous learners and to successfully navigate the academic and work world.
- Research-Based: Incorporates the latest research from neurobiology related to cognition and self-regulation, thus deepening student knowledge of how to become an autonomous learner.
- Study Aids: Various enhancements offer students a better learning experience.
- Application to Other Academic Courses: From learning objectives and self-assessments to summaries, key terms, and critical thinking exercises utilizing journal questions, students have the opportunity to apply what they are learning so that each knowledge/skill set will generalize to their other academic courses.
Note: This is a standalone book. If you want the book plus MyStudentSuccessLab, please access code order the ISBN below:0133948226 /9780133948226 Academic Transformation: The Road to College Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 3/e
Table of Contents
Packing the Essentials
Toothbrush? Check! Backpack? Check! Commitment? Check!
Chapter 1 The Road to Autonomous Learning
I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m making good time.
Chapter 2 Thinking and Intellectual Performance
I think, ergo I learn.
Chapter 3 Learning in Class
But I slept through class in high school.
Chapter 4 Learning Outside Class
Outside of class?!? The brochure didn’t say anything about this.
Chapter 5 The Brain, The Mind, and Academics
My, what big dendrites you have.
Chapter 6 Preparing for Performance
Lights, cameras, action!
Chapter 7 Establishing Direction in Your Life
Is there an app for that?
Chapter 8 Willpower
I know I can, I know I can.
Chapter 9 Making Effective Choices
To party or not to party: That is the question.
Chapter 10 Managing Stress and Anxiety in the 21st Century
AAUUUGH *%^$#&!@ (I feel much better now).
Chapter 11 Patterns in Human Development
All these people are like me?
Chapter 12 Individuality
I’ve just gotta be me.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$72.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-97390-0
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94324-8
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-99741-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$24.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88579-1
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$40.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-386834-0