This book uses the latest neurobiological research to help students master both cognitive and self-regulation skills for college success.
Academic Transformation uses an academically rigorous yet engaging and practical approach to successfully balance cognitive and self-regulation theory and research with realistic and proven skills that students can apply to their college careers. MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) helps students to 'Start strong, Finish stronger' by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
Teaching & Learning Experience: Connects Theory to Practice (“Learning Frameworks”)
Academic Transformation utilizes a narrative tone and eye-catching design to provide powerful lessons on the subjects of learning, academic performance, willpower, motivation, procrastination, time management, stress management, and behavior redirection all while giving readers a solid understanding of why certain strategies lead to goal achievement. This program provides:
· Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
· Autonomous Learning: The current college population, often called the iGeneration, needs this proven path to become autonomous learners and to successfully navigate the academic and work world.
· Research-Based: Incorporates the latest research from neurobiology related to cognition and self-regulation, thus deepening student knowledge of how to become an autonomous learner.
· Study Aids: Various enhancements offer students a better learning experience.
· Application to Other Academic Courses: From learning objectives and self-assessments to summaries, key terms, and critical thinking exercises utilizing journal questions, students have the opportunity to apply what they are learning so that each knowledge/skill set will generalize to their other academic courses.
Note: This is the standalone book, if you want the book/access code order the ISBN below:
0321952510 / 9780321952516 Academic Transformation: The Road to College Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Access Card Package
Table of Contents
Packing the Essentials
Toothbrush? Check! Backpack? Check! Commitment? Check!
Chapter 1 The Road to Autonomous Learning
I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m making good time.
Chapter 2 Thinking and Intellectual Performance
I think, ergo I learn.
Chapter 3 Learning in Class
But I slept through class in high school.
Chapter 4 Learning Outside Class
Outside of class?!? The brochure didn’t say anything about this.
Chapter 5 The Brain, The Mind, and Academics
My, what big dendrites you have.
Chapter 6 Preparing for Performance
Lights, cameras, action!
Chapter 7 Establishing Direction in Your Life
Is there an app for that?
Chapter 8 Willpower
I know I can, I know I can.
Chapter 9 Making Effective Choices
To party or not to party: That is the question.
Chapter 10 Managing Stress and Anxiety in the 21st Century
AAUUUGH *%^$#&!@ (I feel much better now).
Chapter 11 Patterns in Human Development
All these people are like me?
Chapter 12 Individuality
I’ve just gotta be me.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$35.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94324-8
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$21.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88573-9
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$35.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-386834-0