For courses in Learning Frameworks (such as Applied Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology), Effective Learning, Learning to Learn, and Student Success.
Academic Transformation uses the latest neurobiological research to help students master both cognitive and self-regulation skills for college success. Its narrative tone and eye-catching design provide powerful lessons on learning, academic performance, willpower, motivation, procrastination, time management, stress management, and behavior redirection — all while giving readers a solid understanding of why certain strategies lead to goal achievement. MyStudentSuccessLab™ helps students to "start strong, finish stronger" by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
This program provides:
- Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab
helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
- Autonomous Learning: The current college population, often called the iGeneration, needs this proven path to become autonomous learners and to successfully navigate the academic and work world.
- Research-Based: Incorporates the latest research from neurobiology related to cognition and self-regulation, thus deepening student knowledge of how to become an autonomous learner.
- Study Aids: Various enhancements offer students a better learning experience.
- Application to Other Academic Courses: From learning objectives and self-assessments to summaries, key terms, and critical thinking exercises utilizing journal questions, students have the opportunity to apply what they are learning so that each knowledge/skill set will generalize to their other academic courses.
Note: This is a standalone book. If you want the book plus MyStudentSuccessLab, please access code order the ISBN below:0133948226 /9780133948226 Academic Transformation: The Road to College Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 3/e
Table of Contents
Packing the Essentials
Toothbrush? Check! Backpack? Check! Commitment? Check!
Chapter 1 The Road to Autonomous Learning
I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m making good time.
Chapter 2 Thinking and Intellectual Performance
I think, ergo I learn.
Chapter 3 Learning in Class
But I slept through class in high school.
Chapter 4 Learning Outside Class
Outside of class?!? The brochure didn’t say anything about this.
Chapter 5 The Brain, The Mind, and Academics
My, what big dendrites you have.
Chapter 6 Preparing for Performance
Lights, cameras, action!
Chapter 7 Establishing Direction in Your Life
Is there an app for that?
Chapter 8 Willpower
I know I can, I know I can.
Chapter 9 Making Effective Choices
To party or not to party: That is the question.
Chapter 10 Managing Stress and Anxiety in the 21st Century
AAUUUGH *%^$#&!@ (I feel much better now).
Chapter 11 Patterns in Human Development
All these people are like me?
Chapter 12 Individuality
I’ve just gotta be me.
$11.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88579-1
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94324-8
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-455162-3
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-99741-8
$72.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-460335-3
Digital + Print
$48.60 $46.17 |
ISBN-13: 978-0-13-388680-1 $41.27 $39.21 |
ISBN-13: 978-0-13-386834-0 $60.60 $57.57 |
Free Ground Shipping.