ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
--For courses in Learning Frameworks (ie., Applied Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology), Effective Learning, Learning to Learn, and Student Success.
This book uses the latest neurobiological research to help students master both cognitive and self-regulation skills for college success.
Academic Transformation uses an academically rigorous yet engaging and practical approach to successfully balance cognitive and self-regulation theory and research with realistic and proven skills that students can apply to their college careers. MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) helps students to 'Start strong, Finish stronger' by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
Teaching & Learning Experience: Connects Theory to Practice (“Learning Frameworks”)
Academic Transformation utilizes a narrative tone and eye-catching design to provide powerful lessons on the subjects of learning, academic performance, willpower, motivation, procrastination, time management, stress management, and behavior redirection all while giving readers a solid understanding of why certain strategies lead to goal achievement. This program provides:
· Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
· Autonomous Learning: The current college population, often called the iGeneration, needs this proven path to become autonomous learners and to successfully navigate the academic and work world.
· Research-Based: Incorporates the latest research from neurobiology related to cognition and self-regulation, thus deepening student knowledge of how to become an autonomous learner.
· Study Aids: Various enhancements offer students a better learning experience.
· Application to Other Academic Courses: From learning objectives and self-assessments to summaries, key terms, and critical thinking exercises utilizing journal questions, students have the opportunity to apply what they are learning so that each knowledge/skill set will generalize to their other academic courses.
Note: This is the standalone book, if you want the book/access code order the ISBN below:
0321952510 / 9780321952516 Academic Transformation: The Road to College Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321885724 / 9780321885722 Academic Transformation: The Road to College Success
0321920422 / 9780321920423 NEW MyStudentSuccessLab with Pearson eText -- Value Pack Access Card
Table of Contents
Packing the Essentials
Toothbrush? Check! Backpack? Check! Commitment? Check!
Chapter 1 The Road to Autonomous Learning
I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m making good time.
Chapter 2 Thinking and Intellectual Performance
I think, ergo I learn.
Chapter 3 Learning in Class
But I slept through class in high school.
Chapter 4 Learning Outside Class
Outside of class?!? The brochure didn’t say anything about this.
Chapter 5 The Brain, The Mind, and Academics
My, what big dendrites you have.
Chapter 6 Preparing for Performance
Lights, cameras, action!
Chapter 7 Establishing Direction in Your Life
Is there an app for that?
Chapter 8 Willpower
I know I can, I know I can.
Chapter 9 Making Effective Choices
To party or not to party: That is the question.
Chapter 10 Managing Stress and Anxiety in the 21st Century
AAUUUGH *%^$#&!@ (I feel much better now).
Chapter 11 Patterns in Human Development
All these people are like me?
Chapter 12 Individuality
I’ve just gotta be me.
Digital + Print
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Academic Transformation: The Road to College Success Plus NEW MyLab Student Success with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 3rd Edition as a replacement.