The newly revised Access to Health, Twelfth Edition makes health more accessible for students to learn, for instructors to teach, and for individuals to achieve. Long known for its currency, research, and strength in behavior change for personal health students, Access to Health provides just that: access to health information and your own health potential through a consistent framework that will motivate you to make healthy life choices. The Twelfth Edition ramps up the accessibility of good health with an eye-popping design, imaginative art, unique Focus On chapters, and robust media.
The tools for behavior change have been expanded in this edition with a completely re-written introductory chapter focusing on the steps needed to change your behavior, individually-designed self-assessments, and new media. This is just the standalone book.
As a teacher, mentor, and researcher, Rebecca J. Donatelle knows the health issues that are important to you. Through her engaging and friendly writing style, Donatelle addresses your concerns and teaches you how to be a savvy and critical consumer of health information. Access to Health provides hands-on practical tools that will help you access healthy changes in your life.
If you want the Book and Access Code order ISBN:
0321784200 / 9780321784209 Access to Health & MyHealthLab® Student Access Code Card Package
Package consists of:
0321699084 / 9780321699084 Access to Health
0321726502 / 9780321726506 MyHealthLab® Student Access Code Card for Access to Health
Table of Contents
I. FINDING THE RIGHT BALANCE
1. Accessing Your Health
2. Promoting and Preserving Your Psychological Health
Focus On: Cultivating Your Spiritual Health
3. Managing Stress and Coping with Life’s Challenges
Focus On: Improving Your Sleep
II. CREATING HEALTHY AND CARING RELATIONSHIPS
4. Building Healthy Relationships and Communicating Effectively
5. Understanding Your Sexuality
6. Considering Your Reproductive Choices
III. BUILDING HEALTHY LIFESTYLES
7. Eating for a Healthier You
8. Reaching and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Focus On: Enhancing Your Body Image
9. Improving Your Physical Fitness
IV. AVOIDING RISKS FROM HARMFUL HABITS
10. Recognizing and Avoiding Addiction
11. Drinking Alcohol Responsibly
12. Ending Tobacco Use
13. Avoiding Drug Misuse and Abuse
V. PREVENTING AND FIGHTING DISEASE
14. Protecting against Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Focus On: Understanding Your Health Inheritance
15. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
Focus On: Minimizing Your Risk for Diabetes
16. Lowering Your Cancer Risk
17. Reducing Risks and Coping with Chronic Conditions
VI. FACING LIFE’S CHALLENGES
18. Choosing Conventional and Complementary Health Care
19. Preventing Violence and Abuse
Focus On: Reducing Your Risk of Unintentional Injury
20. Preserving and Protecting Your Environment
21. Preparing for Aging, Death, and Dying
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$41.25 | Buy Access
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Access to Health, 13th Edition as a replacement.