The Thirteenth Edition of Access to Health makes personal health engaging for students to learn and easier for instructors to teach by focusing on the most important real-world issues and topics, highlighting a focus on technology and money.
Long known for its currency, research, and strength in behavior change, Access to Health provides key information through a consistent framework for motivating you to make healthy life choices. As a teacher, mentor, and researcher, Rebecca J. Donatelle knows the issues that are important to today’s students. Through her friendly writing style she addresses your concerns and teaches them to be savvy and critical consumers of health information.
The Thirteenth Edition adds new features highlighting health topics centering around money and technology issues. Additionally, the book references one Video Tutor per chapter with QR codes. You simply scan the code with a reader on their phone and quickly and easily view a short video that makes a tricky concept easy to understand. As always, the book’s attractive design, imaginative art, unique mini-chapters, and robust media make learning personal health more accessible.Access to Health provides hands-on practical tools that help you effect healthy changes in your life.
Note: If you are purchasing the standalone text or electronic version, MasteringHealth does not come automatically packaged with the text. To purchase MasteringHealth please visit www.masteringhealthandnutrition.com or you can purchase a package of the physical text + MasteringHealth by searching for 0321982746 / 9780321982742. MasteringHealth is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
I. FINDING THE RIGHT BALANCE
1. Assessing Your Health
2. Promoting and Preserving Your Psychosocial Health
Focus On: Cultivating Your Spiritual Health
3. Managing Stress and Coping with Life’s Challenges
Focus On: Improving Your Sleep
II. CREATING HEALTHY AND CARING RELATIONSHIPS
4. Building Healthy Relationships and Communicating Effectively
5. Understanding Your Sexuality
6. Considering Your Reproductive Choices
III. BUILDING HEALTHY LIFESTYLES
7. Eating for a Healthier You
8. Reaching and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Focus On: Enhancing Your Body Image
9. Improving Your Physical Fitness
IV. AVOIDING RISKS FROM HARMFUL HABITS
10. Recognizing and Avoiding Addiction
11. Drinking Alcohol Responsibly
12. Ending Tobacco Use
13. Avoiding Drug Misuse and Abuse
V. PREVENTING AND FIGHTING DISEASE
14. Protecting against Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Focus On: Understanding Your Health Inheritance
15. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
Focus On: Minimizing Your Risk for Diabetes
16. Reducing Your Cancer Risk
17. Reducing Risks and Coping with Chronic Conditions
VI. FACING LIFE’S CHALLENGES
18. Choosing Conventional and Complementary Health Care
19. Preventing Violence and Abuse
Focus On: Reducing Your Risk of Unintentional Injury
20. Preserving and Protecting Your Environment
21. Preparing for Aging, Death, and Dying
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$24.20 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Access To Health, 14th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$41.25 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85956-3
$67.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-379750-3
$25.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-92701-9
$47.21 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-98864-5
$38.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-98869-0
$47.21 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-98867-6
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users