The newly revised Thirteenth Edition of Access to Health makes health more accessible by focusing on real-world issues and topics that are most important to you.
Long known for its currency, research, and strength in behavior change, Access to Health provides access to health information and your own health potential through a consistent framework for motivating you to make healthy life choices. As a teacher, mentor, and researcher, Rebecca J. Donatelle knows the health issues that are important to today’s students. Through her engaging and friendly writing style, Donatelle addresses your concerns and teaches you to be a savvy and critical consumer of health information.
The Thirteenth Edition shows how real-world issues impact the subject matter of this course by adding new features highlighting finances and technological advances. The book’s attractive design, imaginative art, unique mini-chapters, and robust media make learning personal health more accessible.
Access to Health provides hands-on practical tools that help you effect healthy changes in your life.
Table of Contents
I. FINDING THE RIGHT BALANCE
1. Assessing Your Health
2. Promoting and Preserving Your Psychosocial Health
Focus On: Cultivating Your Spiritual Health
3. Managing Stress and Coping with Life’s Challenges
Focus On: Improving Your Sleep
II. CREATING HEALTHY AND CARING RELATIONSHIPS
4. Building Healthy Relationships and Communicating Effectively
5. Understanding Your Sexuality
6. Considering Your Reproductive Choices
III. BUILDING HEALTHY LIFESTYLES
7. Eating for a Healthier You
8. Reaching and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Focus On: Enhancing Your Body Image
9. Improving Your Physical Fitness
IV. AVOIDING RISKS FROM HARMFUL HABITS
10. Recognizing and Avoiding Addiction
11. Drinking Alcohol Responsibly
12. Ending Tobacco Use
13. Avoiding Drug Misuse and Abuse
V. PREVENTING AND FIGHTING DISEASE
14. Protecting against Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Focus On: Understanding Your Health Inheritance
15. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
Focus On: Minimizing Your Risk for Diabetes
16. Reducing Your Cancer Risk
17. Reducing Risks and Coping with Chronic Conditions
VI. FACING LIFE’S CHALLENGES
18. Choosing Conventional and Complementary Health Care
19. Preventing Violence and Abuse
Focus On: Reducing Your Risk of Unintentional Injury
20. Preserving and Protecting Your Environment
21. Preparing for Aging, Death, and Dying
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$20.20 | Add to Cart
$133.13 | Free Ground Shipping.
MyLab and Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab and Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$25.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-92701-9
$40.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85956-3
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$52.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85964-8
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$86.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85965-5