The Thirteenth Edition of Access to Health makes personal health engaging for students to learn and easier for instructors to teach by focusing on the most important real-world issues and topics, highlighting a focus on technology and money.
Long known for its currency, research, and strength in behavior change, Access to Health provides key information through a consistent framework for motivating you to make healthy life choices. As a teacher, mentor, and researcher, Rebecca J. Donatelle knows the issues that are important to today’s students. Through her friendly writing style she addresses your concerns and teaches them to be savvy and critical consumers of health information.
The Thirteenth Edition adds new features highlighting health topics centering around money and technology issues. Additionally, the book references one Video Tutor per chapter with QR codes. You simply scan the code with a reader on their phone and quickly and easily view a short video that makes a tricky concept easy to understand. As always, the book’s attractive design, imaginative art, unique mini-chapters, and robust media make learning personal health more accessible.
Access to Health provides hands-on practical tools that help you effect healthy changes in your life.
Table of Contents
I. FINDING THE RIGHT BALANCE
1. Assessing Your Health
2. Promoting and Preserving Your Psychosocial Health
Focus On: Cultivating Your Spiritual Health
3. Managing Stress and Coping with Life’s Challenges
Focus On: Improving Your Sleep
II. CREATING HEALTHY AND CARING RELATIONSHIPS
4. Building Healthy Relationships and Communicating Effectively
5. Understanding Your Sexuality
6. Considering Your Reproductive Choices
III. BUILDING HEALTHY LIFESTYLES
7. Eating for a Healthier You
8. Reaching and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Focus On: Enhancing Your Body Image
9. Improving Your Physical Fitness
IV. AVOIDING RISKS FROM HARMFUL HABITS
10. Recognizing and Avoiding Addiction
11. Drinking Alcohol Responsibly
12. Ending Tobacco Use
13. Avoiding Drug Misuse and Abuse
V. PREVENTING AND FIGHTING DISEASE
14. Protecting against Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Focus On: Understanding Your Health Inheritance
15. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
Focus On: Minimizing Your Risk for Diabetes
16. Reducing Your Cancer Risk
17. Reducing Risks and Coping with Chronic Conditions
VI. FACING LIFE’S CHALLENGES
18. Choosing Conventional and Complementary Health Care
19. Preventing Violence and Abuse
Focus On: Reducing Your Risk of Unintentional Injury
20. Preserving and Protecting Your Environment
21. Preparing for Aging, Death, and Dying
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$20.73 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780321892461
Includes this title packaged with:
- Assess Yourself Activities for Access to Health, 13th Edition
Rebecca J. Donatelle
$136.47 | Add to Cart
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$25.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-92701-9
$41.25 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85956-3
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$54.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85964-8
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$88.73 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85965-5