The newly revised Access to Health, Twelfth Edition makes health more accessible–for students to learn about, for instructors to teach, and for individuals to achieve.
Long known for its currency, research, and strength in behavior change, Access to Health provides just that: access to health information and the student’s own health potential through a consistent framework for motivating students to make healthy life choices. In the Twelfth Edition, access to learning about personal health has been enhanced through the book’s eye-popping design, imaginative art, unique Focus On mini-chapters, and robust media.
The Twelfth Edition offers superior access to teaching personal health with the inclusion of Focus On mini-chapters.
With the goal of guiding students to improve their own health, the Twelfth Edition provides greater access to achievingoptimal health through new features and supplemental materials. Behavior change coverage has been expanded in this edition with a completely re-written introductory chapter focusing on the steps needed to change one’s behavior and individually designed self-assessments.
As a teacher, mentor, and researcher, Rebecca J. Donatelle knows the health issues that are important to today’s students. Through her engaging and friendly writing style, Donatelle addresses students’ concerns and teaches them how to be savvy and critical consumers of health information. Access to Health provides hands-on practical tools that help students effect healthy changes in their lives.
CourseSmart textbooks do not include any media or print supplements that come packaged with the bound book.
Table of Contents
I. FINDING THE RIGHT BALANCE
1. Accessing Your Health
2. Promoting and Preserving Your Psychological Health
Focus On: Cultivating Your Spiritual Health
3. Managing Stress and Coping with Life’s Challenges
Focus On: Improving Your Sleep
II. CREATING HEALTHY AND CARING RELATIONSHIPS
4. Building Healthy Relationships and Communicating Effectively
5. Understanding Your Sexuality
6. Considering Your Reproductive Choices
III. BUILDING HEALTHY LIFESTYLES
7. Eating for a Healthier You
8. Reaching and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Focus On: Enhancing Your Body Image
9. Improving Your Physical Fitness
IV. AVOIDING RISKS FROM HARMFUL HABITS
10. Recognizing and Avoiding Addiction
11. Drinking Alcohol Responsibly
12. Ending Tobacco Use
13. Avoiding Drug Misuse and Abuse
V. PREVENTING AND FIGHTING DISEASE
14. Protecting against Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Focus On: Understanding Your Health Inheritance
15. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
Focus On: Minimizing Your Risk for Diabetes
16. Lowering Your Cancer Risk
17. Reducing Risks and Coping with Chronic Conditions
VI. FACING LIFE’S CHALLENGES
18. Choosing Conventional and Complementary Health Care
19. Preventing Violence and Abuse
Focus On: Reducing Your Risk of Unintentional Injury
20. Preserving and Protecting Your Environment
21. Preparing for Aging, Death, and Dying
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Access to Health, CourseSmart eTextbook, 12th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$54.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-72658-2