Administrative Law: Bureaucracy in a Democracy, Sixth Edition, covers the constitutional and procedural dimensions of governmental agencies, including delegation, rulemaking, adjudications, investigations, freedom of information, liabilities of governments and their employees, judicial review, and other considerations, such as the concept of fairness. Instructor resources include an Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint lecture slides, and a Test Bank.
Teaching and Learning Experience:
- Examines administrative law in the context of accountability and the prevention of abuse
- Assists students in critical thinking and case analysis by including case excerpts
- Provides practical knowledge of administrative agencies and the laws that govern their behavior
Table of Contents
2. Bureaucracy and Democracy
3. Agency Discretion
4. The Requirement of Fairness
6. Agency Rulemaking
7. Agency Investigations and Information Collection
8. Formal Adjudications
9. Accountability through Reviewability
10. Accountability through Accessibility
11. Accountability through Liability
Appendix A. Constitution of the United States of America
Appendix B. Administrative Procedure Act (5 U.S.C. §551 et seq.) Excerpts
Appendix C. Selected Executive Orders
Appendix D. Researching Administrative Law Issues
These online resources are available at no cost.
Student Resource Website for Administrative Law: Bureaucracy in a Democracy, 6th Edition
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$67.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-349415-0