For college and high school courses in Fashion Design by Computer, Fashion Illustration by Computer, Computer Design, and CAD for Fashion.
This fully-updated text addresses industry’s need to train fashion students to draw fashion flats and illustrations, textile designs, and presentations using the latest versions of Adobe Illustrator. Emphasizing the creative process, ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR FOR FASHION DESIGN, 2/e explores Illustrator’s powerful capabilities as related to drawings of clothing, fashion poses, and textile prints. It offers clear and illustrated instructions throughout, guiding students through learning all the electronic drawing techniques they will need to work successfully in fashion. In this second edition, new online videos show students how to perform many key techniques step-by-step, and online examples of previous student projects inspire new students. This Second Edition also adds updated coverage of merchandising techniques, electronic portfolio preparation, technical drawings, tech packs, and much more.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Overview of Adobe Illustrator
Chapter 2: Quick Start: Basic Drawing in Illustrator
Chapter 3: Illustrator’s Tools Panel
Chapter 4: Illustrator’s Menus
Chapter 5: lllustrator’s Panels
Section Two: Basic Drawing Exercises
Section Three: Fashion Flats Exercises
Section Four: Fashion Illustration Exercises
Section Five: Textile Design Exercises
Section Six: Presentation Exercises
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$37.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307300-3
$37.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-302847-8