Advanced Accounting, Twelfth Edition is an in-depth guide to accounting that reflects the most up-to-date business developments. This comprehensive textbook addresses practical financial reporting problems while reflecting recent business developments and changes in accounting standards. This edition aligns with the Financial Accounting Standards Board Accounting Standards Codification.
Teaching and Learning Experiences:
Use a program that presents a better teaching and learning experience—for you.
- Provide a text with real-world context: Learn how to apply key accounting concepts by learning from real-world examples, reports from popular companies and up-to-date coverage of businesses.
- Receive tailored material: Instructors have the option to add their own material or third-party content.
- Offer the latest information: The text has been updated to include the latest U.S. and international reporting standards.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Business Combinations
Chapter 2: Stock Investments–Investor Accounting and Reporting
Chapter 3: An Introduction to Consolidated Financial Statements
Chapter 4: Consolidation Techniques and Procedures
Chapter 5: Intercompany Profit Transactions–Inventories
Chapter 6: Intercompany Profit Transactions–Plant Assets
Chapter 7: Intercompany Profit Transactions–Bonds
Chapter 8: Consolidations–Changes in Ownership Interests
Chapter 9: Indirect and Mutual Holdings
Chapter 10: Subsidiary Preferred Stock, Consolidated Earnings per Share, and Consolidated Income Taxation
Chapter 11: Consolidation Theories, Push-Down Accounting, and Corporate Joint Ventures
Chapter 12: Derivatives and Foreign Currency: Concepts and Common Transactions
Chapter 13: Accounting for Derivatives and Hedging Activities
Chapter 14: Foreign Currency Financial Statements
Chapter 15: Segment and Interim Financial Reporting
Chapter 16: Partnerships–Formation, Operations, and Changes in Ownership Interests
Chapter 17: Partnership Liquidation
Chapter 18: Corporate Liquidations and Reorganizations
Chapter 19: An Introduction to Accounting for State and Local Governmental Units
Chapter 20: Accounting for State and Local Governmental Units–Governmental Funds
Chapter 21: Accounting for State and Local Governmental Units–Proprietary and Fiduciary Funds
Chapter 22: Accounting for Not-for-Profit Organizations
Chapter 23: Estates and Trusts
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users