Table of Contents
I. THE CONSULTING INDUSTRY.
1. The Advice Business: The Industry of Consulting, by Charles Fombrun & Daniel Oriesek.
2. The Anatomy of a Consulting Firm, by David Maister, Maister & Assoc.
3. Thought Leadership: Making Sense of What Consultants Do, by Carol Ballock.
4. Innovation: The Growth Engine of Consulting, by Robert L. Laud.
5. The Future of Management Consulting, by Douglas M. McCracken.
II. STRUCTURING ENGAGEMENTS.
6. The Consultant's Toolkit, by Charles J. Fombrun.
7. Thinking Like a Consultant, by Charles J. Fombrun and Mark D. Nevins.
8. From Insight to Impact: Communicating to Influence, by Mark D. Nevins.
9. Developing Proposals, by John C. Scott.
10. Managing Projects, by Charles A. Nichols, III.
III. EXECUTING ENGAGEMENTS.
11. Gathering Data and Diagnosing Situations, by Toby J. Tetenbaum and Ron Carucci.
12. Interventions: Getting the Client to Change, by Ron Carucci and Toby J. Tetenbaum.
13. Facilitating Change: Implementing a Results Orientation, by Robert A. Neiman.
14. Delivering Effective Presentations, by Robert D. Lilien and A. Cowpland Harris.
IV. LEARNING FROM CONSULTANTS.
15. Bringing Discipline to Strategy, by Kevin P. Coyne and Somu Subramaniam.
16. Strategic Sourcing, by Timothy M. Laseter.
17. Large-Scale Change in the Strategic Enterprise, by Elise Walton and Peter Thies.
18. Aligning Business and Technology Strategy, by Charles Durrant and Deborah Baxley.
19. Consultant/Client Partnerships, by Craig Hart, Gloria Moon, and Soam Goel.
20. Handling Financial Risk: An Application to the Oil and Gas Industry, by José E. Molina and Pedro Masetto.
21. Reputation Consulting, by Charles J. Fombrun and Scott D. Meyer.
22. Quickly, Into the Breach: Building a Venture Consulting Firm, by Mikelle A. Calhoun, Charles J. Fombrun, and Robert L. Laud.
V. BEING A CONSULTANT.
23. The Consultant's Role, by David H. Maister.
24. Strong Ethics: The Cornerstone of Professionalism in Consulting, by Daniel R. Idzik and Mark D. Nevins.
25. So You Want to Be a Consultant?, by Mark D. Nevins and Kristina Alterson.
26. Consultancy Markting: Developing the Right Mindset, by Deon Binneman.
27. Interviewing with Consulting Firms, by Charles J. Fombrun and Daniel Oriesek.
28. Testimonials from Consultants, by Daniel Oriesek and Charles J. Fombrun.