This exciting new public administration text offers a broader context for public administration and a unique emphasis on cutting-edge topics as civil society, the growth of non-profits and privatization, the role of state governments, the new demands on public leadership, and ethics.
In addition to addressing the basics, American Public Administration: Public Service for the 21st Century stands out from other books in the discipline by offering a broader context in which to understand public administration and by devoting comprehensive coverage to current topics and trends, many of which are given chapter-length treatment. The most recent and compelling research is woven throughout every chapter to give students a useful, in-depth understanding of the field today. Real-world case studies and vignettes, helpful chapter pedagogy, an abundance of charts and graphs, and numerous Web listings help students learn and engage them in the text.
Table of Contents
Preface: American Public Policy Administration: Public Service for the 21st Century.
1. Public Service in the 21st Century.
2. The Growth of Administration.
3. The Political Environment of Public Administration.
4. Public Administration and Federalism.
5. Public Administration and Civil Society.
6. Theories of Organization and Public Administration.
7. The Organizational Environment of Public Administration.
8. Managing Organizational Change.
9. Leadership in Public Administration.
10. The Policy Process.
11. Public Administration and Privatization.
12. Public Budgeting and Finance.
13. Human Resource Administration in Public Organizations.
14. Managing Information Systems and Policy in Public Organizations.
15. Ethics and Public Organizations.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$70.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-65327-0