Explore America’s rich and complex past in this accessible presentation of American history
Using a streamlined and powerful narrative, the authors take readers beyond an assortment of facts to tell the story of our nation. American Stories covers the essential elements and events in American history and uses significant incidents and episodes to reflect the dilemmas, choices, and decisions made by the American people as well as by their leaders.
This title is available in a number of formats – digital and print. Pearson offers its titles on the devices students love through Pearson’s MyLab products, CourseSmart, Amazon, and more. To learn more about pricing options and customization, click the Choices tab.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
0205990819 / 9780205990818 American Stories: A History of the United States, Volume 2 Plus NEW MyHistoryLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205206549 / 9780205206544 NEW MyHistoryLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205960901 / 9780205960903 American Stories: A History of the United States, Volume 2
Table of Contents
Chapter 16: The Agony of Reconstruction 1865–1877
Chapter 17: The West Exploiting an Empire 1849–1902
Chapter 18: The Industrial Society 1850–1901
Chapter 19: Toward an Urban Society 1877–1900
Chapter 20: Political Realignments 1876–1901
Chapter 21: Toward Empire 1865–1902
Chapter 22: The Progressive Era 1895–1917
Chapter 23: From Roosevelt to Wilson in the Age of Progressivism 1900–1920
Chapter 24: The Nation at War 1901–1920
Chapter 25: Transition to Modern America 1919–1928
Chapter 26: Franklin D. Roosevelt and the New Deal 1929–1939
Chapter 27: America and the World 1921–1945
Chapter 28: The Onset of the Cold War 1945–1960
Chapter 29: Affluence and Anxiety 1945–1960
Chapter 30: The Turbulent Sixties 1960–1968
Chapter 31: To a New Conservatism 1969–1988
Chapter 32: Into the Twenty-First Century 1989–2013
Format: Alternate Binding
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$51.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-98754-2
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$62.53 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-379423-6
$64.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-96203-7