The Analytical Reading Inventory, 10/e (ARI) is a thorough, research-based, diagnostic informal reading inventory for measuring the reading progress of typical, remedial, and gifted readers. With clear, step-by-step instructions for administration, it includes everything needed for classroom assessment and direct, relevant advice about instructional intervention. It is comprised of a series of literary and informational text reading passages of increasing difficulty, from pre-primer to level nine, and can be used with all readers from the very young to high school students. Two assessment scenarios are included along with a case study and the ARI Quick Assessment, Examiner’s Passage and Summary Record Sheets, the PDToolkit website, and Common Core-aligned instructional strategies for each of its five assessment and instructional elements.
Table of Contents
SECTION I OVERVIEW
SECTION II EXAMINER’S PASSAGE AND SUMMARY RECORD SHEETS MODEL
SECTION III ARI FOR YOUR REFERENCE
SECTION IV DIRECTIONS– READING LEVELS INDEPENDENT THROUGH FRUSTRATION
SECTION V DIRECTIONS– SUMMARIZE DATA, IDENTIFY INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS, AND REPORT RESULTS
SECTION VI ARI QUICK ASSESSMENTS
SECTION VII TRANSITION TO INSTRUCTION
SECTION VIII ARI DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION
SECTION IX APPENDIX
SECTION X MODEL CASE STUDY – READING LEVELS INDPENDENT THROUGH FRUSTRTION
SECTION XI EXAMINER’S RECORD SHEETS
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780134490878
Includes this title packaged with:
- Content Area Reading: Literacy and Learning Across the Curriculum, 11th Edition
Richard T. Vacca, Jo Anne L. Vacca, Maryann E. Mraz
$259.27 | Add to Cart
Package ISBN-13: 9780134046372
Includes this title packaged with:
- What Every Teacher Should Know About: English Language Learners
Nancy L. Hadaway, Sylvia M. Vardell, Terrell A. Young
- What Every Teacher Should Know About: Professionalism in Teaching, 3rd Edition
Beth Hurst, Ginny Reding
- 50 Literacy Strategies: Step-by-Step, 4th Edition
Gail E. Tompkins
$123.53 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users