Anatomy & Physiology, Fifth Edition answers the demand for a leaner version of Elaine Marieb and Katja Hoehn’s top-selling Human Anatomy & Physiology while maintaining its trusted, accurate approach. This streamlined text excludes coverage of pregnancy & human development, heredity, and the developmental aspects of body systems, while maintaining coverage of key A&P concepts.
Marieb draws on her career as an A&P professor and her experience completing her nursing education; Hoehn utilizes her medical education and award-winning classroom instruction–together, they explain anatomy & physiology concepts and processes in a meaningful and memorable way.
The new Fifth Edition makes it easier for students to learn key concepts in A&P by presenting information in smaller and more digestible bites, making it easier to distinguish key concepts from supporting details. New “At the Clinic” case studies help students to learn by applying their knowledge of A&P to clinical situations.
Table of Contents
I. Unit One: ORGANIZATION OF THE HUMAN BODY
1. The Human Body: An Orientation
2. Chemistry Comes Alive
3. Cells: The Living Units
4. Tissues: The Living Fabric
II. Unit Two: COVERING, SUPPORT, AND THE MOVEMENT OF THE BODY
5. The Integumentary System
6. Bones and Skeletal Tissues
7. The Skeleton
9. Muscles and Muscle Tissue
10. The Muscular System
III. Unit Three: REGULATION AND INTEGRATION OF THE BODY
11. Fundamentals of the Nervous System and Nervous Tissue
12. The Central Nervous System
13. The Peripheral Nervous System and Reflex Activity
14. The Autonomic Nervous System
15. The Endocrine System
IV. Unit Four: MAINTENACE OF THE BODY
17. The Cardiovascular System: The Heart
18. The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels
19. The Lymphatic System and Lymphoid Organs and Tissues
20. The Immune System: Innate and Adaptive Body Defenses
21. The Respiratory System
22. The Digestive System
23. Nutrition, Metabolism, and Body Temperature Regulation
24. The Urinary System
25. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
V. Unit Five: CONTINUITY
26. The Reproductive System
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Anatomy & Physiology, CourseSmart eTextbook, 5th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$91.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88761-0