For all combined courses covering anatomy, physiology, and pathology in allied health programs, four year degree programs, military healthcare training centers, and other programs; for standard A&P I and II courses; and as an advanced high school courses.
This engaging, conversational book introduces all the anatomy, physiology, and pathology concepts that students must master to succeed in the health professions. It’s designed to promote true understanding, not mere memorization, and to help students make the lasting connections they need to thrive as practitioners. Throughout, well-placed “Pathology Connections” sections tightly link A&P concepts to pathologic processes. Analogies help students compare the human body to objects and processes they already understand, and illustrations and visual features support the visual learning style many of them prefer. This edition adds new web-based animations, videos, and interactive exercises to its fully integrated website. It also offers an easier-to-navigate text design; enriched illustrations and new photographs; and a new chapter on biochemistry.
Table of Contents
1. Anatomy, Physiology and Disease: Learning the Language
2. The Human Body: Reading the Map
3. Biochemistry: The Ingredients of Life
4. The Cells: The Raw Materials and Building Blocks
5. Tissues and Systems: The Inside Story
6. The Skeletal System: The Framework
7. The Muscular System: Movement for the Journey
8. The Integumentary System: The Protective Covering
9. The Nervous System: The Body’s Control Center
10. The Endocrine System: The Body’s Other Control Center
11. The Senses: The Sights and Sounds
12. The Cardiovascular System: Transport and Supply
13. The Respiratory System: It’s a Gas
14. The Lymphatic and Immune Systems: Your Defense Systems
15. The Gastrointestinal System: Fuel for the Trip
16. The Urinary System: Filtration and Fluid Balance
17. The Reproductive System: Replacement and Repair
18. Basic Diagnostic Tests: Assessing the Systems
19. The Journey’s End: Now What? The Study Success Companion: The Key to Your Successful Journey
Appendix A: Medical Terminology Word Parts and Singular and Plural Endings
Appendix B: Clinical Abbreviations and “Do Not Use” List
Appendix C: Infectious Diseases and Their Pathogens
Appendix D: Laboratory Reference Values
Appendix E: Multi-System Effects of Various Diseases and Conditions
Appendix F: Vitamins and Minerals: Sources, Functions and Effects of Deficiency and Toxicity
Appendix G: Standard and Transmission Based Precautions
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$36.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-286636-1