ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Anatomy & Physiology, Fifth Edition answers the demand for a leaner version of Elaine Marieb and Katja Hoehn’s top-selling Human Anatomy & Physiology while maintaining its trusted, accurate approach. This streamlined text excludes coverage of pregnancy & human development, heredity, and the developmental aspects of body systems, while maintaining coverage of key A&P concepts.
Marieb draws on her career as an A&P professor and her experience completing her nursing education; Hoehn utilizes her medical education and award-winning classroom instruction—together, they explain anatomy & physiology concepts and processes in a meaningful and memorable way.
The new Fifth Edition makes it easier for you to learn key concepts in A&P by presenting information in smaller and more digestible bites, making it easier to distinguish key concepts from supporting details. New “At the Clinic” case studies help you to learn by applying your knowledge of A&P to clinical situations.
0321860780 / 9780321860781 Anatomy & Physiology Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0321861582 / 9780321861580 Anatomy &
0321887913 / 9780321887917 MasteringA&P with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Anatomy & Physiology
0321906497 / 9780321906496 Wrap Card for Anatomy & Physiology (component
0805361170 / 9780805361179 Interactive Physiology 10-System Suite CD-ROM (component)
080537373X / 9780805373738 Brief Atlas of the Human Body, A (ValuePack Only)
Table of Contents
I. Unit One: ORGANIZATION OF THE HUMAN BODY
1. The Human Body: An Orientation
2. Chemistry Comes Alive
3. Cells: The Living Units
4. Tissues: The Living Fabric
II. Unit Two: COVERING, SUPPORT, AND THE MOVEMENT OF THE BODY
5. The Integumentary System
6. Bones and Skeletal Tissues
7. The Skeleton
9. Muscles and Muscle Tissue
10. The Muscular System
III. Unit Three: REGULATION AND INTEGRATION OF THE BODY
11. Fundamentals of the Nervous System and Nervous Tissue
12. The Central Nervous System
13. The Peripheral Nervous System and Reflex Activity
14. The Autonomic Nervous System
15. The Endocrine System
IV. Unit Four: MAINTENACE OF THE BODY
17. The Cardiovascular System: The Heart
18. The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels
19. The Lymphatic System and Lymphoid Organs and Tissues
20. The Immune System: Innate and Adaptive Body Defenses
21. The Respiratory System
22. The Digestive System
23. Nutrition, Metabolism, and Body Temperature Regulation
24. The Urinary System
25. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
V. Unit Five: CONTINUITY
26. The Reproductive System
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
This item has been upgraded to Anatomy & Physiology Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package, 6th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$115.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88799-3
$115.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88787-0
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88800-6
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88534-0
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$43.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88563-0