ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Designed with You in Mind
The ¡Anda! program provides practical responses to the challenges today’s Spanish instructors and students encounter.
Instructors now face many challenges: Decreased classroom contact hours, increased instructor and student workloads, larger class sizes, new course models like hybrid and fully online and more ambitious classroom goals including focusing on practical communication and culture awareness instead of grammar alone. The ¡Anda! program offers a true solution for instructors by delivering realistic goals with a realistic approach; focusing on student motivation and offering a variety of tools to promote success.
Teaching and Learning Experience
- Realistic and Balanced Approach – Instructors and students don’t have to rush through the entire scope of Spanish grammar in 2 semesters. They can focus on practical communication which helps students feel more motivated and successful in the course.
- Explore Grammar – Grammar is chunked to allow students to assimilate and practice without feeling overwhelmed. Explanations are clear and concise and include many supporting examples followed by practice activities.
- Build Vocabulary – Each chapter contains a realistic number of new vocabulary words and like grammar, is presented in chunks at the point of need.
- Develop Skills – Unique reading and video storyline mystery motivates students to read. Dedicated speaking, listening and writing sections provide strategies and the process necessary to effectively develop skills in the target language.
- Connect with Culture - Both “high” and “popular” cultureare woven throughout the chapters to enable students to learn to recognize and appreciate cultural diversity as they explore behaviors and values of the Spanish-speaking world. They are encouraged to think critically about these cultural practices and gifts to society.
- Personalize Learning – MySpanishLab’s proven results will be available for fall 2012 courses.
Note: MyLanguageLabs does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyLanguageLabs access, please visit: www.mylanguagelabs.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MyLanguageLabs 24-month access (ISBN: 0205872387).
Table of Contents
Preliminar A: Para empezar
Preliminar B: Introducciones y repasos
1: ¿Quiénes somos?
7: ¡A comer!
2: La vida universitaria
8: ¿Qué te pones?
3: Estamos en casa
9: Estamos en forma
4: Nuestra comunidad
5: ¡A divertirse! La música y el cine
11: El mundo actual
6: ¡Sí, lo sé!
12: Y por fin, ¿lo sé!
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-83831-8
$149.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-00552-9