A unique casebook in analytics for supply chain management places the reader in the simulated role of decision-maker, exposes them to the entire decision-making process, and provides opportunities to perform analyses, interpret output, and recommend an optimal course of action.
Contributed by many of today’s leading experts in “big data” for supply chain, operations research, and operation management, this reference’s cases are short, concise, and to the point. Coverage includes:
- Forecasting and statistical analysis: time series forecasting models, regression models, data visualization, and hypothesis testing
- Optimization and simulation: linear, integer, and nonlinear programming; Monte Carlo simulation and risk analysis; and stochastic optimization
- Decision analysis: decision making under uncertainty; expected value of perfect information; decision trees; game theory models; AHP; and multi-criteria decision making
- Advanced business analytics: data warehousing/mining; text mining; neural networks; financial analytics; CRM analytics; and revenue management models
Table of Contents
Part 1: Forecasting and Statistical Analysis
1. Forecasting Sales at Ska Brewing Company
2. Maintaining Financial Success and Expanding into Other Markets at FeedMyPet.com
3. Forecasting Offertory Revenue at St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church
4. Pizza Station
Part 2: Optimization and Simulation
5. Inventory Management at Squirrel Hill Cosmetics
6. Safety Stock Planning for a Hong Kong Fashion Retailer
7. Network Design at Commonwealth Pipeline Company
8. Publish or Perish: Scheduling Challenges in the Publishing Industry
Part 3: Decision Analysis
9. Narragansett Brewing Company: Build a Brewery
10. Aluminum vs. Plastic: A Life-Cycle Perspective on the Use of These Materials in Laptop Computers
11. HealthCare’s Corporate Social Responsibility Program
12. Paperbackswap.com: Got Books?
13. Stranded in the Nyiri Desert: A Group Case Study
Part 4: Advanced Business Analytics
14. Joe’s Coin Shop: Entry into Online Auctions
15. Vehicle Routing at Otto’s Discount Brigade
_____The complete, up-to-date casebook for analytics in SCM, OM, and OR: concise, focused cases that make you the analyst and decision-maker.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$53.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-340739-6