APPLIED PHYSICS, 10/e is a highly successful textbook presenting clear, to-the-point topical coverage of basic physics applied to industrial and technical fields. A wealth of real-world applications motivate readers by teaching physics concepts in context.
- Detailed, well-illustrated examples support reader understanding of skills and concepts.
- Extensive problem sets assist reader learning by providing ample opportunity for practice.
- Physics Connections relate the text material to everyday life experiences.
- Applied Concepts problems foster critical thinking.
- Try This Activity involve demonstrations or mini-activities that can be performed by readers to experience a physics concept.
- Biographical sketches of important scientists connect ideas with real people.
Unique Problem-Solving Method
This textbook teaches readers to use a proven, effective problem-solving methodology.
- The consistent use of this special problem-solving method trains readers to make a sketch, identify the data elements, select the appropriate equation, solve for the unknown quantity, and substitute the data in the working equation. An icon that outlines the method is placed in the margin of most problem sets as a reminder to readers.
Table of Contents
An Introduction to Physics
Chapter 1 The Physics Tool Kit
Chapter 2 Problem Solving
Chapter 3 Vectors
Chapter 4 Motion
Chapter 5 Force
Chapter 6 Momentum
Chapter 7 Concurrent and Parallel Forces
Chapter 8 Work and Energy
Chapter 9 Rotational Motion
Chapter 10 Simple Machines
Chapter 11 Universal Gravitation and Satellite Motion
Chapter 12 Matter
Chapter 13 Fluids
Chapter 14 Temperature and Heat Transfer
Chapter 15 Properties of Gases
Chapter 16 Wave Motion and Sound
Chapter 17 Basic Electricity
Chapter 18 Magnetism
Chapter 19 Alternating Current Electricity
Chapter 20 Light
Chapter 21 Reflection and Refraction
Chapter 22 Color
Chapter 23 Survey of Modern Physics
Chapter 24 Special and General Relativity
Appendix A Mathematics Review
Appendix B Scientific Calculator
Appendix C Problem-Solving Strategy: Dimensional and Unit Analysis
Appendix D Tables
Appendix E Glossary
Appendix F Answers to Odd-Numbered Problems and to All Chapter Review Questions and Problems
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Applied Physics, 10th Edition
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
$179.20 | Free Ground Shipping.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$71.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-255342-1