Architecture and Interior Design: An Integrated History to the Present provides a survey of architecture, interiors, furniture, and decorative arts from the past to the present. It is a completely integrated and interdisciplinary reference for: architecture, architectural details, architectural surface treatments, space planning, interior design, interior architectural features, interior surface treatments, motifs, furniture, color, lighting, textiles, and decorative accessories.
The unique scope allows comparison in all areas of the built environment through the centuries to illustrate historical, social, cultural, and stylistic influences. Narrative and graphics interweave design analysis with architectural and design history.
Table of Contents
Integrating Architecture and Interior Design
Approaches to Design History
Using the Book
1. Cultural Precedents
B. EAST ASIA
D. MIDDLE AGES
7. Early Christian
12. Italian Renaissance
13. Spanish Renaissance
14. French Renaissance
15. English Renaissance
16. American Colonial
17. European Baroque
18. Louis XIV
19. English Restoration
20. Regence & Louis XV
21. English Neo-Palladian & Georgian
22. American Georgian
H. EARLY NEOCLASSIC
23. Louis XVI & French Provincial
24. Late English Georgian
25. American Federal
26. Industrial Revolution
J. LATE NEOCLASSIC
27. Directoire, French Empire
28. German Greek Revival, Biedermeier
29. English Regency, British Greek Revival
30. American Greek Revival, American Empire
K. VICTORIAN REVIVALS
31. Gothic Revival
32. Italianate, Renaissance Revival
33. Second Empire, Rococo Revival
35. Stick, Queen Anne
L. ACADEMIC HISTORICISM
36. Romanesque Revival
37. Classical Eclecticism
38. Colonial Revival
39. Spanish Colonial Revival
40. The Shakers
41. Aesthetic Movement
42. English Arts & Crafts
43. Shingle, American Arts & Crafts
44. Art Nouveau
45. Vienna Secession
46. Chicago School
47. Modern Forerunners
49. The Bauhaus
50. International Style
51. Art Deco, Art Moderne
52. Scandinavian Modern
53. Geometric Modern
54. Organic & Sculptural Modern
55. Modern Historicism
56. Late Modern • 1
57. Post Modern
58. Late Modern • 2
59. Environmental Modern
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$55.15 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-256040-5
$9.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-309755-9
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$69.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300324-6