ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
0321993020 / 9780321993021 Argument Today with Readings Plus NEW MyWritingLab -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
020520967X / 9780205209675 Argument Today with Readings, The
0205870147 / 9780205870141 NEW MyWritingLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
Table of Contents
1. Starting an Argument
2. Generative Arguments
3. Persuasive Arguments
4. Critical Reading and Rhetorical Analysis
Part II: Genres of Argument
5. Descriptions – Arguing About People, Places, Things, and Events
6. Comparisons – Arguing by Comparing and Contrasting
7. Causal Analyses – Arguing Through Causes and Effects
8. Visual Essays – Arguing by Showing and Telling
9. Narrative Arguments – Arguing with Stories
10. Reviews – Arguing About Performance
11. Evaluations – Arguing About Value
12. Commentaries – Arguing About Current Issues and Events
13. Refutations – Arguing the Opposing Side
14. Proposals – Arguing About the Future
15. Research Papers and Reports – Arguing with Research
Part III: The Research Project
16. Developing Your Research Process
17. Crediting, Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing
18. Using MLA Style
19. Using APA Style
Part IV: Style, Design, and Medium
20. Arguing with Style
21. Designing Arguments
22. Presenting Your Argument
23. Arguing in Virtual Spaces
Part V: Anthology of Arguments
24. College Life
25. Human Nature and the Mind
26. Pop Culture and Entertainment
27. Place and Environment
28. Healthy Living
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$54.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-96389-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$76.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-404308-1
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$69.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-96040-5