ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
0321993020 / 9780321993021 Argument Today with Readings Plus NEW MyWritingLab -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
020520967X / 9780205209675 Argument Today with Readings, The
0205870147 / 9780205870141 NEW MyWritingLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
Table of Contents
1. Starting an Argument
2. Generative Arguments
3. Persuasive Arguments
4. Critical Reading and Rhetorical Analysis
Part II: Genres of Argument
5. Descriptions – Arguing About People, Places, Things, and Events
6. Comparisons – Arguing by Comparing and Contrasting
7. Causal Analyses – Arguing Through Causes and Effects
8. Visual Essays – Arguing by Showing and Telling
9. Narrative Arguments – Arguing with Stories
10. Reviews – Arguing About Performance
11. Evaluations – Arguing About Value
12. Commentaries – Arguing About Current Issues and Events
13. Refutations – Arguing the Opposing Side
14. Proposals – Arguing About the Future
15. Research Papers and Reports – Arguing with Research
Part III: The Research Project
16. Developing Your Research Process
17. Crediting, Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing
18. Using MLA Style
19. Using APA Style
Part IV: Style, Design, and Medium
20. Arguing with Style
21. Designing Arguments
22. Presenting Your Argument
23. Arguing in Virtual Spaces
Part V: Anthology of Arguments
24. College Life
25. Human Nature and the Mind
26. Pop Culture and Entertainment
27. Place and Environment
28. Healthy Living
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$48.40 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-96389-5
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$59.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-96040-5