A step-by-step guide to assessing couples and families, Assessing Families and Couples, offers a clear delineation of the process of family therapy through richly illustrated case material; featuring clients from a diversity of backgrounds.
Appealing to both new and experienced therapists, Assessing Families and Couples, portrays a clear picture of what occurs in a two-session model when conducting a family therapy assessment. In the absence of a videotape to depict the process of therapy, readers can still visualize the details of the therapeutic journey in a step-by-step manner. Students and instructors alike, will find this book an invaluable tool for the learning and teaching of family therapy assessment.
The text begins with a brief historical review of family therapy and continues with a detailed explanation of the authors’ four-step assessment model. The assessment model is illustrated by a series of thoroughly detailed case studies, featuring African-American, European, Latin-American, Spanish, Irish, and Chinese families.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: A Four-Step Model for Assessing Couples and Families.
I. TROUBLED CHILDREN AND THEIR PARENTS.
2. The Parentified Child.
3. Conflictual Couple/Triangulated Children.
4. The Teenager Who Was a Liar.
5. Three Dyads Are Less Than a Whole Family.
III. COMPLEMENTARY COUPLES.
6. . Agitated Depression in an Adult Woman.
7. The Woman Whose Hands Were Always Dirty.
IV. PSYCHOSOMATIC FAMILIES.
8. Oedipus with Stomach Cramps.
9. A Young Chinese Man with Anorexia Nervosa.
V. THE FAMILY AND SOCIAL SERVICES
10. Three-Generations of Women.
11. Residential Treatment of Drug Addiction and the Family.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Assessing Families and Couples: From Symptom to System, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-61389-2