This title is only available as a loose-leaf version with Pearson eText.
This highly respected text focuses on current assessment issues and procedures that every special educator needs to know. The author’s integrated approach emphasizes in-class assessment approaches as well as more formal measures and instruments. Throughout they provide numerous practical examples of how the techniques and procedures can be used in the classroom. Included are practical, ready-to-used materials integrated within instruction delivery methods; relevant case studies; and examinations of current assessment topics in every chapter. This new Fifth Edition features an expanded discussion of classroom assessment and the assessment cycle; an expanded discussion of Response to Intervention (RTI); new sections on how to use assessment effectively with students with behavior problems and how to collaborate effectively with speech and language specialists; updated descriptions of formal, standardized texts and measures; interactive features embedded into examples and mini-cases throughout; and Web links embedded into the text to further engage readers with the material.
013357086X / 9780133570861 Assessment of Children and Youth with Special Needs, Loose-Leaf Version with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0133571076 / 9780133571073 Assessment of Children and Youth with Special Needs, Loose-Leaf Version
0133743845 / 9780133743845 Assessment of Children and Youth with Special Needs, Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Understanding Assessment
Chapter 2: Response to Intervention
Chapter 3: Assessment Framework
Chapter 4: Involving Families
Chapter 5: Reliability and Validity
Chapter 6: Developing Technical Skills
Chapter 7: Test Interpretation and Report Writing
Chapter 8: Observing, Interviewing, and Conferencing
Chapter 9: Behavior
Chapter 10: Achievement: Overall Performance
Chapter 11: Reading
Chapter 12: Written Language
Chapter 13: Oral Language
Chapter 14: Mathematics
Chapter 15: Performance-Based, Authentic, and Portfolio Assessments
Chapter 16: Intelligence
Chapter 17: Young Children
Chapter 18: Youth in Transition
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$51.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-357474-6