The Twelfth Edition maintains a student-friendly approach while evolving to address various course challenges and trends. New digital visualization and assessment tools are now available on MyMeteorologyLab, a new resource that both encourages student self-study and enables instructors to manage their courses online, with customizable assessments for students. Each chapter in this revision is organized by a new active learning path to help guide and engage non-science majors. A greater focus on popular and increasingly important Severe & Hazardous Weather applications, new critical visual analysis Eye on the Atmosphere features, as well as new discussions of the real-world career opportunities of meteorology with Professional Profile essays, make the science both relevant and exciting.
Table of Contents
2 Heating Earth’s Surface and Atmosphere
4 Moisture and Atmospheric Stability
5 Forms of Condensation and Precipitation
6 Air Pressure and Winds
7 Circulation of the Atmosphere
8 Air Masses
9 Weather Patterns
10 Thunderstorms and Tornadoes
12 Weather Analysis and Forecasting
13 Air Pollution
14 The Changing Climate
15 World Climates
16 Optical Phenomena of the Atmosphere
Appendix A Metric Units
Appendix B Explanation and Decoding of the Daily Weather Map
Appendix C Relative Humidity and Dew- Point Tables
Appendix D Laws Relating to Gases
Appendix E Newton's Laws in Motion
Appendix F Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale
Appendix G Climate Data
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Atmosphere, The: An Introduction to Meteorology, 13th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$66.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88753-5
$37.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83222-1
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users