Ideal for both novice and advanced technicians, Automatic Transmissions and Transaxles, 6/e provides a complete, state-of-the-art source on the operating principles as well as the service and repair procedures for modern automatic transmissions and transaxles. Correlated to NATEF and ASE tasks, the text focuses on the generic theory that underlies the operation, diagnosis, and repair of the units and subassemblies found in the many makes and types of vehicles students will likely encounter on the job. Formatted to better meet the learning needs of today's technical trade students, it visually supports concepts covered throughout, and includes many practical shop tips that guide students through important problem-solving procedures they'll use on the job.
This book is part of the Pearson Automotive Professional Technician Series, which features full-color, media-integrated solutions for today’s students and instructors covering all eight areas of ASE certification, plus additional titles covering common courses. Peer reviewed for technical accuracy, the series and the books in it represent the future of automotive textbooks.
Table of Contents
chapter 2 Environmental and Hazardous Materials
chapter 3 Introduction To Drivetrains
chapter 4 Hydraulic System Parts and Operation
chapter 5 Torque Converters
chapter 6 Power Flow Through Transmission Gear Sets
chapter 7 Clutches and Bands
chapter 8 Drivetrain Electricity And Electronics
chapter 9 Electronic Transmission Controls
chapter 10 Hybrid Electric Vehicle Transmissions and Transaxles
chapter 11 Continuously Variable Transmissions
chapter 12 Dual Clutch Automatic Transmisslons/Transaxles
chapter 13 Transmission Condition Diagnosis
chapter 14 In-Vehicle Transmission/Transaxle Service
chapter 15 Transmisslon/Transaxle Removal And Disassembly
chapter 16 Valve Bodies and Valve Body Service
chapter 17 Transmission/Transaxle Assembly And Installation
appendix 1 Sample A2 ASE Certification-Type Test
appendix 2 2013 NATEF Correlation Chart
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$39.20 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$62.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-356471-6