For courses in Automotive Engines, Engine Rebuilding, Engine Machining, and Engine Repair
Automotive Engines: Theory and Servicing, Eighth Edition, covers the latest NATEF and ASE tasks, preparing students for success in the automotive profession. MyAutomotiveLab is an online teaching and learning tool that saves instructors time and helps students effectively study all aspects of automotive engine repair.
Teaching and Learning Experience
Fully integrated with MyAutomotiveLab! Combining an E-book, video, animations, practice tests, and more, MyAutomotiveLab engages students and gives them the tools they need to enhance their performance and succeed in the course. For more information, please visit http://www.myautomotivelab.com.
- Prepares students for success in the automotive profession—Self-Assessmentsallow students to test themselves and help instructors know what content their class has mastered.
- Focus on diagnosis and problem solving—Students can review automotive concepts, watch relevant video clips, interact with animations concerning important automotive principles, and perform diagnostic simulations.
- Makes learning easier for students—Customized Study Plan generated by self-assessments identifies areas of weakness and strength to focus students' attention and efforts where they are needed the most.
- Brings subject to life—Garage simulations provide students with an interactive experience while learning about diagnosis and troubleshooting.
Table of Contents
1. Shop Safety
2.¿Environmental and Hazardous Materials
3. Fasteners and Thread Repair
4. Hand Tools
5. Power Tools and Shop Equipment
6. Vehicle Lifting and Hoisting
7. Measuring Systems and Tools
8. Service Information
9.¿Vehicle Identification and Emission Ratings
10. Gasoline Engine Operation, Parts, and Specifications
11. Gasoline, Alternative Fuels, and Diesel Fuels
12. Diesel Engine Operation and Diagnosis
14. Cooling System Operation and Diagnosis
15. Engine Oil
16. Lubrication System Operation and Diagnosis
17. Engine Starting and Charging Systems
18. Ignition System Operation and Diagnosis
19. Emission Control Devices Operation and Diagnosis
20. Intake and Exhaust Systems
21. Turbocharging and Supercharging
22. Engine Condition Diagnosis
23. In-Vehicle Engine Service
24. Engine Removal and Disassembly
25. Engine Cleaning and Crack Detection
26. Cylinder Head and Valve Guide Service
27. Valve and Seat Service
28. Camshafts and Valve Trains
29. Pistons, Rings, and Connection Rods
30. Engine Blocks
31. Crankshafts, Balance Shafts, and Bearings
32. Gaskets and Sealants
33. Balancing and Blueprinting
34. Engine Assembly and Dynamometer Testing
35. Engine Installation and Break-In
Appendix 1: Engine Repair (A1) Sample ase-Type Certification Test and Answers
Appendix 2: NATEF Task List
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Automotive Engines: Theory and Servicing, CourseSmart eTextbook, 8th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$56.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-351614-2