Table of Contents
1. Service Information, Fasteners, Tools, and Safety.
2. Environmental and Hazardous Materials.
3. Basics of Heating and Air Conditioning.
4. Heat Movement Theory.
5. Refrigerants and the Environment.
6. Moving Heat: Heating and Air Conditioning Principles.
7. Air Conditioning Systems.
8. Air Conditioning Systems Components.
9. Heating Systems.
10. Air Management Systems.
11. HVAC System Inspection and Trouble Diagnosis Procedures.
12. A/C System Inspection and Diagnosis.
13. Heating and Air Management Systems Inspection and Diagnosis.
14. HVAC System Electrical or Electronic Controls: Theory, Inspection, and Diagnosis, and Repair.
15. Refrigerant Service Operations.
16. A/C System Repair.
17. Cooling System Inspection, Trouble Diagnosis, and Service.
Appendix A: ASE Certification and Task List.
Appendix B: Temperature-Pressure Charts.
Appendix C: A/C Service Procedure Documents.
Appendix D: EPA SNAP-Approved Refrigerants as Substitutes for CFC-12.
Appendix E: Potential Compressor Problems with R-134a.
Appendix F: English—Metric Conversion Table.
Appendix G: Bolt Torque Tightening Chart.
Appendix H: Full-Size Illustrations of Fittings.
Appendix I: Refrigerant Numbering System.
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning, 5th Edition
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning, 6th Edition as a replacement.
MyLab and Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab and Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-700381-5