This two-volume package includes complete coverage of heating and air conditioning basics, as well as detailed diagnostic and servicing information. KEY TOPICS: Provides coverage of the history, environmental concerns, and fundamentals of air conditioning, and deals with engine cooling, air delivery systems, and retrofitting for the automotive service professional. MARKET: A learning and reference tool for automotive service technicians.
Table of Contents
I. HISTORY, ENVIRONMENTAL CONCERNS, AND FUNDAMENTALS.
1. History and Purposes of Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning.
2. Environmental Concerns.
3. Fundamentals of Heat, Temperature, and Pressure.
4. Fundamentals of Electricity.
II. AIR CONDITIONING.
5. Principles of Refrigeration.
6. System Components.
7. Air Conditioning Controls.
8. Air Conditioning Compressors and Clutches.
III. ENGINE COOLING, AIR DELIVERY SYSTEMS, AND RETROFITTING.
9. Engine Cooling Systems.
10. Air Delivery Systems.
11. Automatic Temperature Control Systems.
12. Retrofitting Air Conditioning Systems.
Glossary of Technical Terms.
Answers to Review and ASE Questions.
Appendix A: Fraction to Decimal Conversion Chart.
Appendix B: Fahrenheit and Celsius Temperature Scales.
Appendix C: Ounces to Milliliters Conversion Chart.
Appendix D: Compressor Lubricants.
Appendix E: Manufacturers' Retrofit Bulletins.
Appendix F: Air Conditioning Related Websites.
Appendix G: EPA-Certified Reclaimers.
Appendix H: SAE Documents.