Basic Criminal Law: The Constitution, Procedure, and Crimes, Fourth Edition, offers a comprehensive, well-organized approach to understanding key legal concepts and to developing the essential skills and hands-on experience students will need as they enter the legal profession. The text’s teaching resources include an Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint lecture slides, and a Test Bank.
Teaching and Learning Experience
- The text is rich with features that guide students through the history of criminal law, the crimes themselves, and specific legal procedures.
- Every chapter offers opportunities to develop the real-world skills that students will need when they enter the workforce.
- The text’s teaching resources are available online to download and include an Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint lecture slides, and a Test Bank.
Table of Contents
1. What is Criminal Law?
2. What is a Crime?
3. Crimes Against the Person: Murder
4. Crimes Against the Person: Sex Crimes
5. Crimes Against the Person: Other Violent Crimes
6. Crimes Against Property
7. Social Crimes
8. Treason, Terrorism, & Wartime Criminal Justice
9. Crimes Against the State
10. Common Law Defenses
11. Criminal Procedure: Constitutional Rights Before Arrest
12. Criminal Procedure: Constitutional Rights After Arrest
13. Criminal Procedure: The Constitutional Right to Trial by Jury
14. Criminal Procedure: Constitutional Rights Post-Conviction
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$66.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-348484-7