For courses in Turfgrass Management and Golf Course Management.
Best Golf Course Management Practices, 3e provides up-to-date basic and applied information on grasses available, their selection and use; soils and soil amendments; critical management decisions; pest management and IPM practices; environmental concerns and strategies to develop best management practices for golf courses; and personnel and financial considerations when developing and implementing annual budgets, leasing vs. buying equipment, and managing inventory.
The author and 27 acclaimed contributors share their expertise in areas ranging from turfgrass to environmental science. The most current and comprehensive publication on the market, Best Golf Course Management Practices provides the need-to-know information that leads to successful golf course construction and maintenance. Its in-depth, easy-to-read style is ideal for golf course superintendents, their staff, owners, club officials as well as students of 2- and 4-year schools.
The text covers all major grasses used on golf courses, their weaknesses and strengths; way to build golf courses and greens; latest information on fertilizers including rates and sources; soil amendments and pesticides used on golf courses; how to manage grass with poor quality water; complete pest descriptions, biology and identification pictures; environmental concerns and solutions commonly associated with golf courses; budgeting, financial management and personnel issues and needs for golf course management.
Table of Contents
2. Turfgrass Physiology and Environmental Stresses
3. Soil Chemical Properties
4. Soil Physical Properties and Drainage Characteristics
5. Soil Oxygen and Temperature Properties
6. Soil Organisms
7. Golf Course Construction and Renovation
8. Putting Green Construction
9. Turfgrass Establishment and “Grow-In
10. Plant Nutrition and Turf Fertilizers
11. Developing Turf Fertilizer Programs and Fertilizer Calculations
12. Water Management and Conservation in Turf
13. Irrigation Water Quality
14. Cultural Practices for Golf Courses
15. Managing Bentgrass/Poa annua Golf Greens in Stressful Environments
16. Managing Bermudagrass Golf Greens
17. Managing Seashore Paspalum
18. Integrated Pest Management
19. Turfgrass Diseases
20. Turfgrass Insects
21. Turfgrass Nematodes
22. Turfgrass Weeds
23. Turfgrass Plant Growth Regulators
24. Effective, Safe, and Legal Use of Pesticides
25. Best Golf Course Environmental Protection Strategies
26. Sprayer and Spreader Calibration
27. Budgets and Personnel Management
Appendix A: Stoke's equation for Calculating the Velocity of Falling Particles and Darcy's Equation for Calculating Hydraulic Conductivity.
Appendix B: Calculating Soil Porosity.
Appendix C Chemical and Physical Properties of Organic Materials Used in Turf
Appendix D Surface Area Calculations
Appendix E Calibration Formulas and Metric Conversion Tables
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Best Golf Course Management Practices, CourseSmart eTextbook, 3rd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$62.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-505680-6