Supports and motivates you as you learn to think like a biologist.
Building upon Scott Freeman’s unique narrative style that incorporates the Socratic approach and draws you into thinking like a biologist, the Fourth Edition has been carefully refined to motivate and support a broader range of learners as they are introduced to new concepts and encouraged to develop and practice new skills. Each page of the book is designed in the spirit of active learning and instructional reinforcement, equipping novice learners with tools that help them advance in the course–from recognizing essential information in highlighted sections to demonstrating and applying their understanding of concepts in practice exercises that gradually build in difficulty.
Table of Contents
1. Biology and the Tree of Life
36. Plant Form and Function
37. Water and Sugar Transport in Plants
38. Plant Nutrition
39. Plant Sensory Systems, Signals, and Responses
40. Plant Reproduction
41. Animal Form and Function
42. Water and Electrolyte Balance in Animals
43. Animal Nutrition
44. Gas Exchange and Circulation
45. Electrical Signals in Animals
46. Animal Sensory Systems and Movement
47. Chemical Signals in Animals
48. Animal Reproduction
49. The Immune System in Animals
50. An Introduction to Ecology
51. Behavioral Ecology
52. Population Ecology
53. Community Ecology
55. Biodiversity and Conservation
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Biological Science Volume 3, 5th Edition as a replacement.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-70395-8