David Krogh’s Biology: A Guide to the Natural World leads readers on a memorable journey through the world of biology, using relevant examples, clearly-developed illustrations, and helpful insights that will resonate with you.
The Technology Update features margin callouts in the text, directing you to a significantly more robust MasteringBiology program, introducing learning outcomes, book-specific animations, end-of-chapter material, new vocabulary activities, ABC News videos, and more.
Widely recognized as a book that students enjoy reading, David Krogh uses discussions about social concerns and health applications, along with streamlined EOC material, to help engage you with the chapter. To address different learning styles, clear illustrations and exercises are now reinforced with even more engaging and effective assignable problems in MasteringBiology®.
0321943643 / 9780321943644 Biology: A Guide to the Natural World Technology Update with MasteringBiology with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321946766 / 9780321946768 Biology: A Guide to the Natural World, Technology Update
0321948815 / 9780321948816 MasteringBiology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Biology: A Guide to the Natural World Technology Update
Table of Contents
1. Science as a Way of Learning: A Guide to the Natural World
2. Fundamental Building Blocks: Chemistry, Water, and pH
3. Life’s Components: Biological Molecules
4. Life’s Home: The Cell
5. Life’s Border: The Plasma Membrane
6. Life’s Mainspring: An Introduction to Energy
7. Vital Harvest: Deriving Energy from Food
8. The Green World’s Gift: Photosynthesis
9. The Links in Life’s Chain: Genetics and Cell Division
10. Preparing for Sexual Reproduction: Meiosis
11. The First Geneticist: Mendel and His Discoveries
12. Units of Heredity: Chromosomes and Inheritance
13. Passing On Life’s Information: DNA Structure and Replication
14. How Proteins Are Made: Genetic Transcription, Translation, and Regulation
15. The Future Isn’t What It Used to Be: Biotechnology
16. An Introduction to Evolution: Charles Darwin, Evolutionary Thought, and the Evidence for Evolution
17. The Means of Evolution: Microevolution
18. The Outcomes of Evolution: Macroevolution
19. A Slow Unfolding: The History of Life on Earth
20. Arriving Late, Traveling Far: The Evolution of Human Beings
21. Viruses, Bacteria, Archaea, and Protists: The Diversity of Life 1
22. Fungi: The Diversity of Life 2
23. Animals: The Diversity of Life 3
24. Plants: The Diversity of Life 4
25. The Angiosperms: Form and Function in Flowering Plants
26: Body Support and Movement: The Integumentary, Skeletal, and Muscular Systems
27. Communication and Control 1: The Nervous System
28. Communication and Control 2: The Endocrine System
29. Defending the Body: The Immune System
30. Transport and Exchange 1: Blood and Breath
31. Transport and Exchange 2: Digestion, Nutrition, and Elimination
32. An Amazingly Detailed Script: Animal Development
33. How the Baby Came to Be: Human Reproduction
34. An Interactive Living World 1: Populations in Ecology
35. An Interactive Living World 2: Communities in Ecology
36. An Interactive Living World 3: Ecosystems and Biomes
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$140.87 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-96072-6
$196.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94676-8
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$127.53 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94871-7