Eric Simon’s Biology: The Core combines a 12-chapter textbook and robust content in MasteringBiology® to offer a flexible new teaching and learning package that engages you with concise writing, beautiful and effective visuals, and outstanding interactive digital resources.
This program offers an innovative teaching and learning experience by helping instructors and students:
- Revolutionize teaching in and out of the classroom: The unique hybrid integration of the book with MasteringBiology allows your instructor the flexibility to teach the course just the way they want via a medium that caters to the way you learn.
- Emphasize the big picture: The Core’s concise modules focus your attention on the most important concepts and encourage you to see the relevance of biology to everyday life. Each module provides just enough information to help you understand the subject.
- Achieve a basic understanding of biology: The Core combines dynamic figures and illustrations with supporting narrative as the primary source of instruction to create a more engaging and accessible learning experience. Engaging and effective activities in MasteringBiology help you further visualize and understand complex biological processes.
0321744144 / 9780321744142 Biology: The Core Plus MasteringBiology with eText -- Access Card Package
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringBiology does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringBiology search for ISBN-10: 0321744144/ISBN-13: 9780321744142. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321735862/ISBN-13: 9780321735867 and ISBN-10: 0321833406/ISBN-13: 9780321833402
MasteringBiology is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to the Science of Life
2. The Chemistry of Life
3. The Cell: the Fundamental Unit of Life
4. Energy and Life
5. Chromosomes and Inheritance
6. DNA: The Molecule of Life
7. Darwinian Evolution
8. Biodiversity 1: Microscopic Organisms
9. Biodiversity 2: Fungi and Plants
10. Biodiversity 3: Animals
11. Human Body Systems
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9781269919579
Includes this title packaged with:
- Modified MasteringBiology New Design with eText for BIOL 1308 for Sam Houston State University -- ValuePack Access Card
Eric J. Simon
$125.00 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$92.70 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83338-9
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83337-2
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.