Eric Simon’s Biology: The Core combines a 12-chapter textbook and robust content in MasteringBiology® to offer a flexible new teaching and learning package that engages you with concise writing, beautiful and effective visuals, and outstanding interactive digital resources.
This program offers an innovative teaching and learning experience by helping instructors and students:
- Revolutionize teaching in and out of the classroom: The unique hybrid integration of the book with MasteringBiology allows your instructor the flexibility to teach the course just the way they want via a medium that caters to the way you learn.
- Emphasize the big picture: The Core’s concise modules focus your attention on the most important concepts and encourage you to see the relevance of biology to everyday life. Each module provides just enough information to help you understand the subject.
- Achieve a basic understanding of biology: The Core combines dynamic figures and illustrations with supporting narrative as the primary source of instruction to create a more engaging and accessible learning experience. Engaging and effective activities in MasteringBiology help you further visualize and understand complex biological processes.
0321744144 / 9780321744142 Biology: The Core Plus MasteringBiology with eText -- Access Card Package
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringBiology does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringBiology search for ISBN-10: 0321744144/ISBN-13: 9780321744142. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321735862/ISBN-13: 9780321735867 and ISBN-10: 0321833406/ISBN-13: 9780321833402
MasteringBiology is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to the Science of Life
2. The Chemistry of Life
3. The Cell: the Fundamental Unit of Life
4. Energy and Life
5. Chromosomes and Inheritance
6. DNA: The Molecule of Life
7. Darwinian Evolution
8. Biodiversity 1: Microscopic Organisms
9. Biodiversity 2: Fungi and Plants
10. Biodiversity 3: Animals
11. Human Body Systems
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$95.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84186-5
$95.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83338-9
$62.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83337-2
$62.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84185-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users