Introduces all biostatistical methods while assuming no statiscal background. Enormously comprehensive, topical coverage that covers all areas of the biology curriculum that benefit from that benefit from statistical analysis.
CourseSmart textbooks do not include any media or print supplements that come packaged with the bound book.
Table of Contents
1. Data: Types and Presentations
2. Populations and Samples
3. Measures of Central Tendency
4. Measures of Variability and Dispersion
6. The Normal Distribution
7. One-Sample Hypotheses
8. Two-Sample Hypotheses
9. Paired-Sample Hypotheses
10. Multisample Hypotheses and the Analysis of Variance
11. Multiple Comparisons
12. Two-Factor Analysis of Variance
13. Data Transformations
14. Multiway Factorial Analysis of Variance
15. Nested (Hierarchical) Analysis of Variance
16. Multivariate Analysis of Variance
17. Simple Linear Regression
18. Comparing Simple Linear Regression Equations
19. Simple Linear Correlation
20. Multiple Regression and Correlation
21. Polynomial Regression
22. Testing for Goodness of Fit
23. Contingency Tables
24. Dichotomous Variables
25. Testing for Randomness
26. Circular Distributions: Descriptive Statistics
27. Circular Distributions: Hypothesis Testing
Appendix A: The Greek Alphabet
Appendix B: Statistical Tables and Graphs
Appendix C: The Effects of Coding Data
Appendix B: Analysis of Variance Hypothesis Testing
Answers to Exercises
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Biostatistical Analysis, CourseSmart eTextbook, 5th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$81.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-502471-3