This package contains:
MasteringMicrobiology™ Student Access Code Card, Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy, 3/e Books a la Carte Plus Edition.
The Third Edition of Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy is the most cutting-edge microbiology book available, offering unparalleled currency, accuracy, and assessment. It begins with a focus on emerging diseases and diseases you will encounter later in clinical settings. Study aids include end-of-chapter practice that encompasses both visual and conceptual understanding.
Table of Contents
2. The Chemistry of Microbiology
3. Cell Structure and Function
4. Microscopy, Staining, and Classification
5. Microbial Metabolism
6. Microbial Nutrition and Growth
7. Microbial Genetics
8. Recombinant DNA Technology
9. Controlling Microbial Growth in the Environment
10. Controlling Microbial Growth in the Body: Antimicrobial Drugs
11. Characterizing and Classifying Prokaryotes
12. Characterizing and Classifying Eukaryotes
13. Characterizing and Classifying Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
14. Infection, Infectious Disease, and Epidemiology
15. Innate Immunity
16. Adaptive Immunity
17. Immunization and Immune Testing
18. Immune Disorders
19. Pathogenic Gram-Positive Bacteria
20. Pathogenic Gram-Negative Cocci and Bacilli
21. Rickettsias, Chlamydias, Spirochetes, and Vibrios
22. Pathogenic Fungi
23. Parasitic Protozoa, Helminths, and Arthropod Vectors
24. Pathogenic DNA Viruses
25. Pathogenic RNA Viruses
26. Applied and Environmental Microbiology
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringMicrobiology with eText -- Access Card Package, 4th Edition as a replacement.