In the modern workplace, clearly defined hierarchies are on the wane, few of us have ‘jobs for life’ and many of us have portfolio careers or are self-employed. In these self-reliant times, it’s essential to be remembered for the right reasons.
Brand You helps you develop a powerful personal brand, both on- and offline, and shows you how to:
- Discover your talents, values and purpose
- Become more visible in your market
- Make the most of your networks
- Build your brand online using blogs, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Attract people who want what you do in the way that you do it
This new, extended edition is the definitive guide to personal branding and is packed with new material on social media, charisma and discovering your mission, as well as new exercises and examples. It is supported by valuable extra tools.
To succeed in today's fast-paced environment, you have to know yourself and be able to communicate your brand to the outside world. This book will show you how. Highly recommended.- Gemma Greaves, Marketing Director, The Marketing Society.
A must-read for everyone, from trainees to board members.- Sanjay Shah, Chief Financial Officer, The London Clinic.
Table of Contents
About the authors
1. Why Build Your Brand?
2. How Do Brands Work?
3. Personal Branding: The Essentials
4. Your Talents
5. Your Values
6. Your Purpose
7. Using archetypes to develop your brand
8. Staying Focused
9. Explaining What You Do
10. Telling Your Story
11. Aligning Your CV with Your Brand
12. Your Appearance, Voice and Behaviour
14. Getting paid
15. Becoming More Visible in Your Market
16. Building Your Network
17. Building Your Brand Online
18. Using Social Media to Build Your Brand
19. Getting Started with Social Media
20. Becoming Famous
21. Protecting and Extending Your Brand
23. Building a Team