Table of Contents
0.1 Functions and Their Graphs
0.2 Some Important Functions
0.3 The Algebra of Functions
0.4 Zeros of Functions - The Quadratic Formula and Factoring
0.5 Exponents and Power Functions
0.6 Functions and Graphs in Applications
1. The Derivative
1.1 The Slope of a Straight Line
1.2 The Slope of a Curve at a Point
1.3 The Derivative
1.4 Limits and the Derivative
1.5 Differentiability and Continuity
1.6 Some Rules for Differentiation
1.7 More About Derivatives
1.8 The Derivative as a Rate of Change
2. Applications of the Derivative
2.1 Describing Graphs of Functions
2.2 The First and Second Derivative Rules
2.3 The First and Section Derivative Tests and Curve Sketching
2.4 Curve Sketching (Conclusion)
2.5 Optimization Problems
2.6 Further Optimization Problems
2.7 Applications of Derivatives to Business and Economics
3. Techniques of Differentiation
3.1 The Product and Quotient Rules
3.2 The Chain Rule and the General Power Rule
3.3 Implicit Differentiation and Related Rates
4. The Exponential and Natural Logarithm Functions
4.1 Exponential Functions
4.2 The Exponential Function ex
4.3 Differentiation of Exponential Functions
4.4 The Natural Logarithm Function
4.5 The Derivative of ln x
4.6 Properties of the Natural Logarithm Function
5. Applications of the Exponential and Natural Logarithm Functions
5.1 Exponential Growth and Decay
5.2 Compound Interest
5.3 Applications of the Natural Logarithm Function to Economics
5.4 Further Exponential Models
6. The Definite Integral
6.2 The Definite Integral and Net Change of a Function
6.3 The Definite Integral and Area Under a Graph
6.4 Areas in the xy-plane
6.5 Applications of the Definite Integral
7. Functions of Several Variables
7.1 Examples of Functions of Several Variables
7.2 Partial Derivatives
7.3 Maxima and Minima of Functions of Several Variables
7.4 Lagrange Multipliers and Constrained Optimization
7.5 The Method of Least Squares
7.6 Double Integrals
8. The Trigonometric Functions
8.1 Radian Measure of Angles
8.2 The Sine and the Cosine
8.3 Differentiation and Integration of sin t and cos t
8.4 The Tangent and Other Trigonometric Functions
9. Techniques of Integration
9.1 Integration by Substitution
9.2 Integration by Parts
9.3 Evaluation of Definite Integrals
9.4 Approximation of Definite Integrals
9.5 Some Applications of the Integral9.6 Improper Integrals
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$45.60 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780321932228
Includes this title packaged with:
- MathXL Valuepack Access Card (6-months)
. . Pearson Education
$231.20 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88881-5
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-87889-2
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$86.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88851-8
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$144.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-87871-7