Table of Contents
1. Benefits of Service-Learning for the Student.
2. Benefits of Service-Learning for the Community.
3. Costs for the Service-Learner: Strategies for Avoiding Difficulties.
4. Finding a Placement.
5. Helpful Skills for the Service-Learner.
6. Tips on Doing Field Research: A How-To Guide on Participant Observation.
7. Writing Service-Learning Papers: What Is Reflection, Exactly?
8. Writing Service-Learning Papers: On Avoiding Some Common Mistakes.
9. Working in Groups.
Appendix: Resources for Service-Learners.
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780205997046
Includes this title packaged with:
- Careers in Sociology, 3rd Edition
W. Richard Stephens
- In Conflict and Order: Understanding Society, 13th Edition
D. Stanley Eitzen, Maxine Baca Zinn, Kelly Eitzen Smith
- Breaking the Ice: A Guide to Understanding People from Other Cultures, 3rd Edition
- Short Introduction to the U.S. Census, A
John D. Carl
$171.60 | Add to Cart