Directed primarily toward undergraduate college/university courses in business communication, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
Career success depends largely on one's ability to be professional, adaptable, and strategic about their communication choices. By providing concise information on how to develop a strong foundation in business communication, Business Communication: Polishing Your Professional Presence helps readers enhance their professional and personal success.
013309880X / 9780133098808 Business Communication: Polishing Your Professional Presence Plus MyBCommLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0133059510 / 9780133059519 Business Coummication: Polishing Your Professional Presence
0133060896 / 9780133060898 NEW MyBCommLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Business Coummication: Polishing Your Professional Presence
Table of Contents
1. Becoming a Successful Business Communicator
2. Working with Others: Interpersonal, Intercultural, and Team Communication
3. Managing the Communication Process: Analyzing, Composing, Evaluating
PART 2. DELIVERING EFFECTIVE MESSAGES
4. Communicating Routine Messages and Building Goodwill
5. Communicating Persuasive Messages
6. Communicating Bad News
PART 3. RESEARCHING, PROPOSING, REPORTING, AND PRESENTING
7. Finding and Evaluating Business Information
8. Preparing Persuasive Business Proposals
9. Preparing Business Reports
10. Preparing and Delivering Business Presentations
PART 4. PERSUADING AN EMPLOYER TO HIRE YOU
11. Communicating Your Professional Brand: Social Media, Résumés, and Cover Letters
12. Getting the Job—Interviewing and Following Up
Guide to Using Social Media for Business Communication
Appendix A. Formats for Business Documents
Appendix B. Documentation and Reference Styles
Appendix C. Grammar, Punctuation, Mechanics, and Conventions
Appendix D. Answer Key to Grammar Exercises
Appendix E. Proofreader’s Marks
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Business Communication: Polishing Your Professional Presence, 3rd Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-378428-2
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-306090-4
$44.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-306087-4
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$76.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-340165-3
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$127.47 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-305957-1