For courses in Business Communications and Business Writing.
Communication for the Workplace, 4th Edition focuses on the fundamentals of written communication within the context of workplace situations. This book discusses basic problems in written communication (good sentence structure, accurate punctuation, and effective mechanics and spelling) and encourages students to develop their own writing skills. Using a hands-on, concise approach, it helps students progress from a novice level of writing to a stage where they are confident in their communication skills. An abundance of business writing samples, activities and cases are included from a variety of fields such as banking, telecommunications, real estate, health care and more!
Table of Contents
1. Banking on Good Sentence Structure
2. Ensuring Subject-Verb Agreement
3. Investing in Subject-Verb Agreement
4. Telecommunicating with Verbs
5. Lots of Commas in Real Estate
6. Maintaining Healthy complex Sentences
7. Retailing Commas in Words, Phrases, and Clauses
8. Check-in with the Semicolon
9. Marketing Possessives
10. Traveling with Colons and Pronouns
11. Governing Quotations
12. Help Wanted: Applying Hyphens and Numbers Correctly
APPENDIX A: ANSWER KEYS BY CHAPTER
APPENDIX B: MODEL DOCUMENTS
APPENDIX C: ADDRESSING GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS
APPENDIX D: POSTAL ABBREVIATIONS
APPENDIX E: PROOFREADERS’ MARKS
APPENDIX F: PERSONAL DICTIONARY
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Business English: Writing in the Workplace, CourseSmart eTextbook, 4th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$50.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-501827-9