The recent events in domestic and global economies are presenting unprecedented challenges, excitement, and disappointments for business—and a need for a change in the Introduction to Business course and text. This text captures the widespread significance of these developments and presents their implications on businesses today.
MyBizLab for Business Essentials is a total learning package. MyBizLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams—resulting in better performance in the course—and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning with MyBizLab: Inspire the exchange of new ideas and foster intriguing discussions with the abundant resources found in MyBizLab.
- Real World Business Practices Focus: An abundance of the latest real world business developments and examples provide clear illustrations of business concepts and current dilemmas, and every chapter shows how basic practices apply not only in business upswings, but also during economically challenging times as well.
- Help Students Review and Apply Concepts: Examples and exercises allow students to see how entrepreneurs are putting into practice the concepts that they are learning.
- Keep Your Course Current and Relevant: New examples, research findings, and examples appear throughout the text.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyBizLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyBizLab search for ISBN-10: 0133771555/ISBN-13: 9780133771558. That package includes ISBN-10: 0133454428/ISBN-13: 9780133454420 and ISBN-10: 0133456358/ISBN-13: 9780133456356.
MyBizLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
1. The U.S. Business Environment
2. Understanding Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
3. Entrepreneurship, New Ventures, and Business Ownership
4. Understanding the Global Context of Business
II. The Business of Managing
5. Managing the Business
6. Organizing the Business
7. Operations Management and Quality for Producing Goods and Services
III. People in Organizations
8. Employee Behavior and Motivation
9. Leadership and Decision Making
10. Human Resource Management and Labor Relations
IV. Principles of Marketing: Building Relationships with Customers for Competitive Advantage
11. Marketing Processes and Consumer Behavior
12. Developing and Pricing Products
13. Distributing and Promoting Products
V. Managing Information for Better Business Decisions
14. Information Technology (IT) for Business
15. The Role of Accountants and Accounting Information
VI. The Financial System and Issues in Financial Management
16. Understanding Money and the Role of Banking
17. Managing Business Finances
Appendix I: Risk Management
Appendix II: The Legal Context of Business
Appendix III: Managing Your Personal Finances
Appendix IV: Unions and Labor Management
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Business Essentials, 11th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$97.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-418463-0
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$103.93 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-345531-1