ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For courses in Introduction to Business
An introduction to business text can be comprehensive without being overly complex and overwhelming–and this text proves it! Business in Action, Seventh Edition is uniquely positioned to help today’s students become tomorrow’s focused, highly productive business professionals. It is the only introduction to business text that emphasizes efficient, focused, objectives-driven learning in every aspect.
MyBizLab® for Business in Action is seamlessly integrated with the text to create a dynamic learning program that enables students to learn both in and out of the classroom.
Teaching and Learning Experiences
Use a program that presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students.
- Personalize learning with MyBizLab: Inspire the exchange of new ideas and foster intriguing discussions with the abundant resources found in MyBizLab.
- Use an objective-driven structure to help students learn and retain information: Every chapter is organized into six segments and paired with clear learning objectives to help students retain complex material.
- Build skills, awareness, and insight with strong pedagogy tools: Reinforce key introductory business concepts with end-of-chapter materials, Behind the Scenes chapter-opening vignettes, critical thinking questions, and case studies.
- Extend the value of your textbook with multimedia content: The unique Real-Time Updates system automatically provides weekly content updates, including interactive websites, podcasts, PowerPoint presentations, online videos, PDFs, and articles.
Table of Contents
Contents in BriefPreface
Prologue: Using This Course to Help Launch Your Career
Part 1 Setting the Stage: The Business of Business
1 Developing a Business Mindset
2 Understanding Basic Economics
3 The Global Marketplace
4 Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
Part 2 Building the Framework: Business Ownership and Entrepreneurship
5 Forms of Ownership
6 Entrepreneurship and Small-Business Ownership
Part 3 Guiding the Enterprise: Leadership, Organization, and Operations
7 Management Roles, Functions, and Skills
8 Organization and Teamwork
9 Production Systems
Part 4 Supporting the Workforce: Motivation and Human Resources
10 Employee Motivation
11 Human Resources Management
12 Labor Relations
Part 5 Satisfying the Customer: Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support
13 The Art and Science of Marketing
14 Product and Pricing Strategies
15 Distribution and Marketing Logistics
16 Customer Communication
Part 6 Managing the Money: Accounting and Financial Resources
17 Financial Information and Accounting Concepts
18 Financial Management
19 Financial Markets and Investment Strategies
20 The Money Supply and Banking Systems
Appendix A Business Law
Appendix B Risk Management
Appendix C Information Technology
Appendix D Personal Finance: Getting Set for LifeGlossary
Brand, Organization, Name, and Website Index
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$114.00 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$97.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-377478-8
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-377460-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$113.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-385318-6
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$105.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-377399-6