Business Math, Tenth Edition unlocks the world of math by showing how it is used in the business world. Written in a conversational style, the book covers essential topics such as banking, interest, insurance, taxes, depreciation, inventory, and financial statements. It carefully explains common business practices such as markup, markdown, and cash discounts–showing students how these tools work in small business or personal finance. Authors encourage self-starters from the beginning, with the review of basic math, annotated examples, stop and check exercises, skill builders and application exercises. This edition includes updated problem sets, new trends and laws, a revised financial statements chapter and the one-of-a-kind MyMathLab website (MyMathLab access available separately).
Table of Contents
1. Review of Whole Numbers and Integers
2. Review of Fractions
7. Business Statistics
8. Trade and Cash Discounts
9. Markup and Markdown
11. Simple Interest and Simple Discount
12. Consumer Credit
13. Compound Interest, Future Value, and Present Value
14. Annuities and Sinking Funds
15. Building Wealth Through Investments
21. Financial Statements
APPENDIX A: THE REAL WORLD: VIDEO CASE STUDIES
APPENDIX B: STOP AND CHECK SOLUTIONS
APPENDIX C: ANSWERS TO ODD-NUMBERED EXERCISES
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$3.40 | Add to Cart
$44.20 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780321930408
Includes this title packaged with:
- MathXL -- Valuepack Access Card (12-month access), 2nd Edition
. . Pearson Education
$252.67 | Add to Cart
Package ISBN-13: 9780321958747
Includes this title packaged with:
- Study Guide for Business Math, 10th Edition
$241.33 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-335591-8
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-314283-9
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$162.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-93144-3