BUSINESS MATHEMATICS BRIEF, 12/e teaches business math with a strong focus on current issues, real companies, and realistic business scenarios. It places essential business math concepts in context, teaching through highly relevant examples. Each chapter begins with an actual company case study that is carried through with examples and exercises. Two realistic cases conclude each chapter, helping students integrate key concepts with real business math challenges. Data and graphs are incorporated throughout. New coverage in this edition includes: the global financial crisis and globalization; personal debt and savings; and inventory tracking. More examples are provided, and this edition has been edited for greater clarity and simplicity.
Table of Contents
1. Whole Numbers and Decimals
2. Fractions and Mixed Numbers
4. Equations and Formulas
5. Bank Services
7. Mathematics of Buying
8. Mathematics of Selling
9. Simple Interest
10. Compound Interest and Inflation
11. Annuities, Stocks, and Bonds
12. Business and Consumer Loans
13. Taxes and Insurance
Appendix A. The Metric System
Appendix B. Basic Scientific Calculators
Appendix C. Financial Calculators
Answers to Selected Exercises
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$76.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300332-1