For courses in Business Organizations.
This text combines the ethical, practical and professional topics relating to Business Organizations with the most contemporary cases and substantive material. Taking a hands-on approach, it offers comprehensive coverage and uses practice tips, critical thinking exercises, landmark case law, case scenarios, and portfolio builders to reinforce concepts. At the beginning of the text, each student is asked to create their own mock business that can be used to complete chapter assignments and exercises. Throughout the text, articles written by practicing paralegals are included to assist students as they transition from student to practicing paralegal.
Table of Contents
PART I: TYPES OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS
2. Entrepreneurship, Sole Proprietorships
3. General Partnerships
4. Limited Partnerships & Limited Liability Partnerships
5. Limited Liability Companies
6. Corporate Governance
7. Other Forms and Variations of Business Organizations
8. Formation and Operation of Domestic and Multinational Corporations
9. Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions
10. Investor Protection and Online Securities Transactions
11. Employment & Government Regulation
12. International Law
APPENDIX B–Uniform Partnership Act
APPENDIX C–Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (Excerpts)
APPENDIX D–Limited Liability Corporation Act
APPENDIX E–Non-Profit Corporation Act
APPENDIX F–Close Corporation Act
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Business Organizations for Paralegals, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Electronic Book
$55.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-510404-0