Table of Contents
R. Algebra Reference
R.3 Rational Expressions
1. Linear Functions
1.1 Slopes and Equations of Lines
1.2 Linear Functions and Applications
1.3 The Least Squares Line
Chapter 1 Review
Extended Application: Using Extrapolation to Predict Life Expectancy
2. Nonlinear Functions
2.1 Properties of Functions
2.2 Quadratic Functions; Translation and Reflection
2.3 Polynomial and Rational Functions
2.4 Exponential Functions
2.5 Logarithmic Functions
2.6 Applications: Growth and Decay; Mathematics of Finance
Chapter 2 Review
Extended Application: Characteristics of the Monkeyface Prickleback
3. The Derivative
3.3 Rates of Change
3.4 Definition of the Derivative
3.5 Graphical Differentiation
Chapter 3 Review
Extended Application: A Model for Drugs Administered Intravenously
4. Calculating the Derivative
4.1 Techniques for Finding Derivatives
4.2 Derivatives of Products and Quotients
4.3 The Chain Rule
4.4 Derivatives of Exponential Functions
4.5 Derivatives of Logarithmic Functions
Chapter 4 Review
Extended Application: Electrical Potential and Electric Field
5. Graphs and the Derivative
5.1 Increasing and Decreasing Functions
5.2 Relative Extrema
5.3 Higher Derivatives, Concavity, and the Second Derivative Test
5.4 Curve Sketching
Chapter 5 Review
Extended Application: A Drug Concentration Model for Orally Administered Medications
6. Applications of the Derivative
6.1 Absolute Extrema
6.2 Applications of Extrema
6.3 Further Business Applications: Economic Lot Size; Economic Order Quantity; Elasticity of Demand
6.4 Implicit Differentiation
6.5 Related Rates
6.6 Differentials: Linear Approximation
Chapter 6 Review
Extended Application: A Total Cost Model for a Training Program
7.3 Area and the Definite Integral
7.4 The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
7.5 The Area Between Two Curves
7.6 Numerical Integration
Chapter 7 Review
Extended Application: Estimating Depletion Dates for Minerals
8. Further Techniques and Applications of Integration
8.1 Integration by Parts
8.2 Volume and Average Value
8.3 Continuous Money Flow
8.4 Improper Integrals
Chapter 8 Review
Extended Application: Estimating Learning Curves in Manufacturing with Integrals
9. Multivariable Calculus
9.1 Functions of Several Variables
9.2 Partial Derivatives
9.3 Maxima and Minima
9.4 Lagrange Multipliers
9.5 Total Differentials and Approximations
9.6 Double Integrals
Chapter 9 Review
Extended Application: Using Multivariable Fitting to Create a Response Surface Design
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$32.00 | Add to Cart
$38.00 | Add to Cart
$45.60 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133885859
Includes this title packaged with:
- MathXL -- Valuepack Access Card (12-month access), 2nd Edition
. . Pearson Education
$231.20 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Calculus with Applications, Brief Version, 11th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-75793-7
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-75795-1
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$86.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83111-8
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$144.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-75794-4