Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1: California Politics in Perspective
CHAPTER 2: The Californians: Land, People, and Political Culture
CHAPTER 3: California’s Historical Development
CHAPTER 4: Freedom and Equality: California’s Delicate Balance
CHAPTER 5: Media Influences and Interest Groups
CHAPTER 6: Political Parties and Other Voluntary Organizations
CHAPTER 7: Campaigns and Elections: Too Many?
CHAPTER 8: The California Legislature
CHAPTER 9: California’s Plural Executive: Governor Plus Seven
CHAPTER 10: Paying the Bills: California’s Budget Struggles
CHAPTER 11: California Courts and Judges
CHAPTER 12: Criminal Justice and Civil Law
CHAPTER 13: City Governments: Providing the Basics
CHAPTER 14: Counties, Special Districts, and Education K-Graduate
CHAPTER 15: Challenges for California’s Future
APPENDIX A: Directory of Political Organizations That Anyone Can Join
APPENDIX B: California State Offices
APPENDIX C: How to Get in Touch with Your Elected Officials
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$13.99 | Buy Access
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.Back Order
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$14.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-91663-4